• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Predictions What Do Think Is the "Beyond" Gimmick Going To Be For Metroid Prime 4?

Yeah reality bending sounds right, even the logo looks like a black hole of sorts. Could be an interesting way to have multiple 'planets' and/or traveling to other dimensional variations of the same planets.

That logo makes me think that the final battle will take place in a black hole, and Samus will become the first thing in the history of histories to escape from one. How cool would that be?

Time travel makes sense - the ending thing certainly looks pre-historic/untouched... there's also Ahsoka esque possibilities of travelling through a black hole into a "space beyond space" or something like that

If you notice at the very end of the trailer when the camera pans through the Forest, the area that Samus comes from looks like a glowing orb, as though she was traveling to this place.

Whether it's a wormhole of some kind, or a form of time travel itself remains to be seen, though I can't help but think, "Didn't we already do this in Prime 2: Echoes?" Yes, that was dimensional travel rather than time travel, but the principle is similar. Entering the same area under two different conditions.

But we shall see, and I do trust the developers to pull it off. Maybe she ends up with a Beam that allows her to travel through time at will, and/or send enemies through it. But if she's not careful, she'll get sucked in too, and transported. Though maybe that sounds good on paper, but in practice could be frustrating to use.

Nintendo has like to name their games after their systems in the past. Maybe the next Nintendo is Nintendo Beyond :-O

Time travel as others have said seems likely. It'd also give an interesting contrast like how Light and Dark Aether contrasted.

Personally, I'd imagine the world being something like how Sonic CD handled it's time travel gimmick: go to the past before the space pirates settled, to the present where they're kinda present or to the (bad) future where the place is teeming with them.

You could do all sorts of things with that setup, including visor modes (remember, that's primes big gimmick) to catch a glimpse of the world in a different time period, move things between periods or set something up in the past with payoff in the future.

Yeah reality bending sounds right, even the logo looks like a black hole of sorts. Could be an interesting way to have multiple 'planets' and/or traveling to other dimensional variations of the same planets.

I thought the exact same thing
Let's see...next year!

General consensus appears to be some kind of time travel mechanic, so I'll go with that. Could be interesting.

It’d be interesting to see a planet that’s all ice, but time traveling between segments shows you it’s past version being hot or lush green or dessertic

Given Tanabe's comments from the 2015 Eurogamer interview I'm guessing time travel. Time dilation with black holes.

The black hole logo immediately made me think wormhole stuff, but I doubt they do that since the game is likely going to be on a single planet like Prime 1.

if there is time travel i hope it plays less like switching between the dark world in prime 2 and more like time traveling in that one titanfall 2 level

Tanabe worked on past Zelda games, including LTTP and OoT. We already covered the "Light-Dark World" concept back in Prime 2, so it would stand to reason he'd make good on his claim to revisit time travel, next.

At least Metroid being a sci-fi series from the jump (as opposed to Zelda teetering on the line) implies that they could possibly lean into this even more.

Back
Top Bottom