• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club What are your favorite pieces of "glitch humor"?

Yzz

Like Like
Pronouns
She/Her
Screen_Shot_2014-11-12_at_11.24.39_AM.0.0.png

Glitch humor is... hard to explain. It's this type of amusement that emerges from the very fabric of existence of a game, when you observe the work in its most naked form. It's when you see what the magician didn't want you to see, but instead of mirrors and string mechanisms, you get to witness flesh polygons that range from the eldritch to the uncanny.

Not all glitch humor is about a game functioning improperly, sometimes it's about the things you aren't supposed to see, but are still there. Take this video about Smash Ultimate and how it shrinks a character's head when Wario bites it:

Nightmare fuel mods also stem from this phenomenon since those also fall in the valley of "still recognizable as a game, but there is something not quite right..." Although I'm not a fan of cinematic games, I enjoy when the graphics of these clash with its serious tone:

What are some of your favorite examples of this?

Last edited:
This one happened to me and I'm still not sure what triggered it to this day; I was playing as Sora in Smash and suddenly all the character models turned pitch black... y'know, like Heartless:

FCCgAd6VkAYI6nQ

It lasted the whole match, even after a respawn. It even lasted to the victory screen!

FCCv7MFUYAED9_4

Any time physics go wrong and your character gets launched across the world can be very amusing.

Also any time in an open world game when a serious cutscene is playing and characters in the background are misbehaving like getting into fights or walking through the scene or into walls.

I'm a simple man. If I see the classic T-pose in any game, I usually laugh my ass off.

YW_ULk.gif

Not a glitch, but the sort of thing that really highlights character animation in a "not quite right" way.

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but on Goldeneye if you have the slow animations cheat on and then watch the helicopter scene in Cradle then James Bond moves so slow and the helicopter leaves without him while he's running so slow to get to the helicopter.

Plus if you have the fast animations cheat on James Bond moves so fast floating in the air while still in the animation of holding the helicopter.

Last edited:
This video is great, but it going viral was extremely weird because I knew the guy who posted it from GameFAQs and he's sexually attracted to dinosaurs and posted a lot of shit about it.
That’s…something. But what’s maybe crazier to me is that you were there on the ground floor of this video! What are the odds.

That’s…something. But what’s maybe crazier to me is that you were there on the ground floor of this video! What are the odds.

He actually posted the individual clips from this as standalone videos to YT before this and they got sub-1000 views. Once he started compiling them together into videos that are several minutes long they really took off.

He actually posted the individual clips from this as standalone videos to YT before this and they got sub-1000 views. Once he started compiling them together into videos that are several minutes long they really took off.
Is that his upload I shared or someone else compiling his compilations?

A friend showed me that probably close to a decade ago and I’ve never forgotten it.

I have been scream-laughing at this alone in my apartment for five minutes straight and I literally have thrown out my back in the process but couldn’t stop laughing
I’m so, so glad it hit you right. That’s the best when that happens. I’m amazed it’s still as funny as I remember it revisiting it all these years later.
It's his upload. He did the compilation himself, don't worry.
Ah I wasn’t, I was just curious if that was indeed his channel.

Back
Top Bottom