• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion What are you getting?: October

I'll be getting Detective Pikachu Returns and Super Mario Bros. Wonder (with a voucher) on their Day 1s because Nintendo digital sales for their big games seem to cap out at 30% off and only after significant time has passed. Plus, I'm also interested in both games, with a bit more excitement for Detective Pikachu Returns, which I'm sure is not a common opinion. That's the extent of my planned October purchases that I can remember.

With the recent glowing previews of Spider-Man 2, I'm very interested in the game, but I suspect the game will hit steep sale prices in a few years and I don't yet have a PS5 anyway. Sonic Superstars is a wait-and-see for me, likely buying it once it gets a sale and once I decide if I'd rather play on Switch (which would be my ideal home for Sonic games) or PS5/PC due to prettier visuals and potentially better performance. Lastly, the demo for Silent Hope grew my interest in the game, but I'll wait for reviews and likely a sale, too.

Last edited:
Mario Wonder is day 1. Might get Sonic but might also wait for reviews and a sale since it's coming out so close to Mario.

Definitely Super Mario Wonder and Forza Motorsport (Game Pass)
Probably: Arkham Trilogy (Switch) and Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol 1 (Switch)
Forgot about: Sonic

Would love nothing more than to say Spider-Man 2, but unfortunately spending $500 on a console to play a single video game is not compatible with my bank account :(

Definitely looking forward to Mario Bros Wonder though!!

I've got Red Dead Redemption and Mario Wonder preordered for October.

Really excited for Mario.

Super Mario Wonder for sure and that's probably it. Sadly, Sonic is going to be tapping his foot waiting for me to pick up Superstars. I think the game looks great and I want to play it, but I'm sure they'll have a sale for it in a matter of months. I can hold out until then.

• Detective Pikachu Returns
  • Sonic Superstars
  • Super Mario Bros. Wonder
  • Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 1
I’ll probably end up waiting for Metal Gear to go on sale before buying it, but I intend get it eventually if not at launch. Might also get Headbangers: Rhythm Royale but I’m not entirely sold on it just yet.

Also, I can’t forget the secret best October release:
  • 2 new Samba de Amigo: Party Central DLC Music Packs

I'll be getting Detective Pikachu Returns and Super Mario Bros. Wonder with vouchers on their Day 1s because Nintendo digital sales for their big games seem to cap out at 30% off and only after significant time has passed. Plus, I'm also interested in both games, with a bit more excitement for Detective Pikachu Returns, which I'm sure is not a common opinion. That's the extent of my planned October purchases that I can remember.

With the recent glowing previews of Spider-Man 2, I'm very interested in the game, but I suspect the game will hit steep sale prices in a few years and I don't yet have a PS5 anyway. Sonic Superstars is a wait-and-see for me, likely buying it once it gets a sale and once I decide if I'd rather play on Switch (which would be my ideal home for Sonic games) or PS5/PC due to prettier visuals and potentially better performance. Lastly, the demo for Silent Hope grew my interest in the game, but I'll wait for reviews and likely a sale, too.
Detective Pikachu is only $50 or are you in another region where it is more expensive? Otherwise it'd be a waste of a voucher as you'd be saving no money that way.

Mario Wonder's my only guaranteed purchase.

I'm just starting Sea of Stars today, and Starfield in the next few days, and Octopath 2 is still on my shelf to play before the end of the year, and I want to aim to play a few more indies this year... so the number of games I buy before Christmas will be limited (outside of additional indies).

Out of the other stuff coming next month, Sonic Superstars is a maybe at some point game, and Dave the Diver is a almost certain purchase at some point.

Obviously a pretty big month for releases but for me there's only a handful of titles I'm fussed about

Dave the Diver coming to Switch is probably my highlight, and then a couple of Gamepass adds - (Forza and Jusant)
I suppose I might count Minneko's Night Market on Switch here as well as it's a late Sept game that I won't pick up til early Oct.

Detective Pikachu is only $50 or are you in another region where it is more expensive? Otherwise it'd be a waste of a voucher as you'd be saving no money that way.
Oh, you're right. I think I misstyped. I believe I'm only getting Mario Wonder with a voucher in October for exactly that reason. I'll edit that!

Three Switch games dated for October since this thread was made: Hellboy Web of Wyrd, Company of Heroes and Last Hope. I'm definitely getting the first two, The Last Hope, maybe later.

100%

Super Mario Bros Wonder
Red Dead Redemption Physical / Batman: Arkham Trilogy (One of)

And I will pre-prder 2 games:

Super Mario RPG
Star Ocean 2

So that's a pretty neat month.

Super Mario Wonder and Spider-Man 2 are the only sure bets for me. After that, I have a bunch that will go on the Black Friday list.

Mario, Sonic, Alan Wake 2, maybe Batman

I want to hold out hope for MGS collection, but knowing Konami...might just get it used/heavily discounted down the line

I’m not sure! I managed to get a hold on Mario Wonder at the library. They probably won’t have it processed for launch day, but soon after. Three weeks should be more than enough time for me to finish up with it. Might play some Forza Motorsport, but I’ll use Game Pass for that. I feel like I always dump a bunch of hours into a racing game up front and then totally drop off, so it’s a perfect GP game aha.

I think World of Horror might be the only thing I’m buying outright? That’s out the day before Mario, very excited for that one. Been following it for what seems like forever.

Back
Top Bottom