• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion What are the biggest concerns in your life right now?

Baphomet

Cappy
I’m a simple person, my biggest concerns are thinking about things to do at home to keep me entertained and trying to see if I can seen my friends more often. Aside from that , I have no other real worries.

My biggest concern is not getting enough yeag's on famibords. Its making me lose the respect of the peasantry. They sharpen knives a plot revolutions in the cellars of bars and backrooms of the bakers. My name inspires more contempt than fear each day...what's that I hears? The horrible braying of hounds and the shouting of slogans? I thinks me writes me last I fears.

My biggest concern right now is that tomorrow I have to wake up at 7:30 A.M. to go to work. And I would like to keep sleeping.

1. Getting healthier, physically and mentally.
  2. Whether my kitten-daughters are happy.
  3. The feasibility of living in space instead of the United States.
  4. Avoiding Barbie spoilers until it’s released on streaming.
  5. To what extent Famiboards is affecting my street cred.
  6. Staying hydrated.
There are more. Anxiety won’t shut up so I worry about everything, all the time, forever.

images

This beast haunts my dream

I’m a simple person, my biggest concerns are thinking about things to do at home to keep me entertained and trying to see if I can seen my friends more often. Aside from that , I have no other real worries.
I think this mainly makes you a lucky person

I woke up to approximately €800 in charges to my CC I didn't do.

I've been contacting my bank the whole morning, filling forms and providing evidence it wasn't me who spent all that money.

This sucks big time because that bank is all the way back in my home country, so while they'll issue a new card and most likely revert the charges, I'll be locked out of using my cards for the time being. Hell, I can't even go back to pick up my new CC.

This is my biggest concern right now. It sucks, but it is what it is I guess.

Our power started going out this Monday. After some troubleshooting, the circuit breaker we have for both the stove and oven was tripping, so we assumed it was one of the two appliances and called insurance to sort it out.

They sent a tech that disconnected the stove, and this fixed it, so we assumed it was the stove having broken, and we'd have to replace it, which insurance doesn't cover. So while we sorted it out, we tried to use the oven to cook.

Breaker immediately tripped within two minutes of turning the oven on. So we called insurance again. This is where things get trippy. Apparently the tech that came fix stuff had outright vanished without turning in any reports of what he did, so they couldn't do anything until he showed up again.

At this point we were assuming it's likely something with the breaker itself, because it would be weird for both the oven and the stove to break at the same time. But then the tech came back, said he examined the breaker, which he didn't, it definitely is both things being broken, and he doesn't want to come back to double check. And that insurance isn't going to cover any further stuff.

It's August. Everything is closed in here. My usual electrician is on holiday. I don't want to buy a new stove and oven and then find out it was actually the breaker, so we've sort of been dealing with not having a working kitchen.

Did you know you can cook potato salad, fish and chicken on a rice cooker? I'm amazed by it. I'm gonna try cooking pasta on it next. I'm discovering the McGyver school of cuisine and it's very fun in a "why am I doing it" kind of way.

I don't have enough Energon cubes to conquer Cybertron

#JustGirlThings. Very relatable.

Took some vacation days to visit family.

Got sick. Now I have two weeks vacation and one and a half of those two weeks have been about me being plagued with breathing issues, coughing, a runny nose, sweating excessively and bowel issues from taking antibiotics.

Granted, it's not as bad as my parents had it - my dad had to be hospitalized and my mom suffered from heavy coughing fits and completely lost her voice for a few days - but it still sucks.

And while it doesn't bother me too much that I can't go back to work, I'm moving in about two weeks and I've packed jack shit.

EDIT: Also no, it's not Covid - my dad caught some bacterial infection somewhere and spent enough time at home to spread it to my mom and then probably also me.

Back
Top Bottom