• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club What are the BEST trailers for the WORST games?

Magic-Man

Perseus Jackson
Pronouns
He/Him
We've had a million "best trailer posts", but I thought I'd put my own spin on it. Basically, what are some amazing trailers for bad games? Anything goes.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League came out a week ago, and it's... well it isn't great. It reminded me of the hype I had for the game after this phenomenal trailer released a few years ago. The music syncs perfectly to the clips, it showcases the best thing about the game (the cutscenes and animation), and there's a genuinely funny clip at the end. This was before the gameplay started being shown off, so people got excited for the game after this trailer (check the comments).

If I had a nickel for every time a Suicide Squad trailer was better than the product it was trying to sell, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't much, but it's weird that it happened twice.

Metroid Other M's promotion materials were pretty cool.
I'd still be interested in Samus' backstory-heavy game. It's a shame that what came out was so just... strange.

People love talking about that one Ridley scene, but what gets me is that IIRC the game NEVER tells you that Ridley killed her parents, so you're stuck with cutscenes like "thumbs down explanation" but not actual important stuff. Such a fascinating mess.

Here's a few that come to mind immediately, I haven't played any of them but reception is mixed-to-negative so I'll just assume they're bad.
For Street Fighter X Tekken all of the cinematic trailers apply since they're all amazing.

Does this count?
No this is not a fanmade AMV, this is a real music video for a remix made specifically to promote Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) in Japan.

It’s not really my thing but this trailer was so huge and released around when walking dead hype was at its like peak and friends I knew who didn’t even really play games at all were sharing it and flipping out about it

It’s not really my thing but this trailer was so huge and released around when walking dead hype was at its like peak and friends I knew who didn’t even really play games at all were sharing it and flipping out about it

This was huge, the trailer was more known than the game

Back
Top Bottom