• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club What’s on your Holiday Gaming Wishlist, fami?

totofogo

thinkin bt pkmn 4
Pronouns
he/him 🏳️‍🌈
Looking for some inspiration for gifts for myself and others… so figured I’d start a thread to see what you fine folks are wishing for or gifting this year!

What’s on your holiday gaming wishlist / what are you excited to be gifting someone else this year?

I’m giving my friends Trails From Zero. The print run seems small, so now or never. Trails is one of my favorite series and this is one of the best entry points.

Anyone who loved the SNES and PS1 JRPG classics would love it imo.

This is a pretty solid year for gift games from Nintendo incidentally. Depending on the player, stuff like Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Switch Sports, Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3, and Pokemon SV would all make great gifts. Some decent sales on classics out there too like Mario 3D World if you snag them in time. I imagine some of it is staying up for Cyber Monday tomorrow.

Can’t go wrong either grabbing an eshop card and telling people a specific game to download with it if you don’t want to break the bank. Crosscode is $20 for example, so is the Portal Collection from this year iirc.

God of War Ragnarok
Callisto Protocol
A copy of Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu I saw the other day.
Two Point Campus
FF Crisis Core Remaster
Harvestella

Trails from Zero
Dragon Quest Treasures
some 3DS games I haven't gotten around to yet (HOLY FUCK I NEED TO SPEND OVER A HUNDRED FOR A COPY OF EO NEXUS ARE YOU SHITTING ME?!?)
mayybe one or two other games? I have a sizeable wishlist, but I think I'll just get what I really want or is going oop (or too pricey) soon and use the rest to buy some manga and anime

My best friend loves anime, cats and her favorite games are Pokémon and Three Houses. So I got her Persona 5 Royal, think she gonna love it.

And if someone asks me what do I want, gonna answer with Soul Hackers 2 or Crisis Core Remaster.

I just bought Pokémon, NEO TWEWY (who knows when/if I'll get to it) and the gaming-adjacent book "Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow". I'm set for the holidays -I also have Bayo and NieR to finish-. I'll probably get some game for my gf (maybe bear&breakfast, which has been on her wishlist forever).

13 Sentinels just ordered, I will wait to open it for Christmas

I was planning also Switch Sport for the family time, now that golf is available

I will probably yake some time to clear part of the backlog before FE Engage arrives

I’m giving my friends Trails From Zero. The print run seems small, so now or never. Trails is one of my favorite series and this is one of the best entry points.

That's what I am afraid of myself, I've been holding out for a slight drop in price but it doesnt happen, so I'm afraid I'll miss out.
I did the same for tactics ogre, but it seems like it's hard to get hold on already and I kinda broke my spending budget for the reminder of this year already :S

That's what I am afraid of myself, I've been holding out for a slight drop in price but it doesnt happen, so I'm afraid I'll miss out.
I did the same for tactics ogre, but it seems like it's hard to get hold on already and I kinda broke my spending budget for the reminder of this year already :S
I had been holding out for sales for gifting, but when I went to buy at Best Buy they only had one(!) copy left for shipping. I had to go with Amazon who had 13 copies. If you really want physical, I’d try to scoop it up soon. It’ll definitely get digital sales down the road at least.

I had been holding out for sales for gifting, but when I went to buy at Best Buy they only had one(!) copy left for shipping. I had to go with Amazon who had 13 copies. If you really want physical, I’d try to scoop it up soon. It’ll definitely get digital sales down the road at least.

It's still availible at a decent amount retailers here in Sweden, but I know how this goes.. boom and they're all gone at the same time :p Happened with the previous NISA titles to.

This year I would like the authorities to add an additional month, or perhaps four extra weeks dispersed throughout the year, which can be designated as leisure time.

That way I might actually finish Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and manage to play more Sunbreak alongside other games.

Back
Top Bottom