• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Serious Viacom has wiped their "MTV News" division off the net, their gaming vertical was an early gig for journos like Stephen Totilo and Patrick Klepek

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
More than two decades’ worth of content published on MTVNews.com is no longer available after MTV appears to have fully pulled down the site and its related content.
As of Monday, trying to access MTV News articles on mtvnews.com or mtv.com/news resulted in visitors being redirected to the main MTV website.

In addition, Paramount Global’s CMT has similarly pulled its repository of country-music journalism from the web dating back several decades.

Reps for MTV did not respond to requests for comment Monday.
hero_580x150.jpg

notably, the division was already fully shut down last year. but the "Multiplayer" gaming blog ended back in 2013. quietly staying archived on the site up until today.

no response from Patrick yet, but i'll update if he says anything.

Apparently they're ditching a lot of their less profitable channels/websites once the merger with Skydance goes through. MTV, BET, stuff like that.

Apparently they're ditching a lot of their less profitable channels/websites once the merger with Skydance goes through. MTV, BET, stuff like that.
I did not not that it was sure about Skydance. This is really bad news. And even with the merger, I don't get the point of killing archives.

Back
Top Bottom