• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Reviews Vernal Edge | Review Thread

Maronic03

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/Him
I could only find three reviews so far, no metascore yet.

PC Invasion: 8.5/10
Filled with solid level design, exciting combat, and challenging platforming, Vernal Edge is a worthwhile Metroid-like that very much has its own identity.

Xbox Mag: 8/10 (Review in French, I translated the conclusion)
Despite a somewhat rough beginning, particulatly because of some intentionally heavy moves in the early game, Vernal Edge offers an honest experience that will please Metroidvania's enthusiasts. Still, it is shame that the presention when traveling between island are barely worth of the PS1, but this desire to push the player's curiousity in the exploration and the enormous satisfaction to chain combos (especially against bosses), creates a game that make us want to go back to it.

Last edited:
Definitely curious about this one. Will probably wait for some player impressions. I like a lot about what I see of the game but the enemies look to have way too much HP for my liking, so I probably need to see and hear a bit more.

Definitely curious about this one. Will probably wait for some player impressions. I like a lot about what I see of the game but the enemies look to have way too much HP for my liking, so I probably need to see and hear a bit more.
No idea how much it affects your concern, but there is an easy mode.

No idea how much it affects your concern, but there is an easy mode.
That is good but I'm not sure it would really solve my potential issue. Mine isn't really an issue of potential difficulty as much as it's an issue of potential gameplay pace. I watched the video in the OP and I do think the game looks pretty good in a lot of ways but watching the player juggle some really easy looking enemies into the air a bunch of times isn't my idea of a fun time. I just need to see if it's as prevalent as I fear it could be based off the bits I've seen.

I'm curious, what does it take to get acknowledgement from Metacritic? Because I feel like some publications are utterly daft but carry influence regarding Metacritic rating, but Switchup are my favourite review site but their scores don't appear on Metacritic.

Back
Top Bottom