• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Deals [US-Best Buy] Paper Mario and the Origami King- $24.99 (up: deal is back from the dead)

Wow, and I felt good getting it for $34.99 from Gamefly a year or so ago!

Great price.

I hopped on this shit immediately

I sold my copy for 50 bucks at gamestop for a deal knowing that one day I would profit

One of my favourite games on the Switch. Was worth it at full price, and is definitely worth it at $25!

Definitely worth it! One of my favorite games on Switch and I paid full price.

For those who got in on this deal, you’re in for a treat. I don’t know if TOK counts as underrated anymore, at least around these parts, but it is without a doubt one of the very best Switch games and it doesn’t get the love it deserves.

For those who got in on this deal, you’re in for a treat. I don’t know if TOK counts as underrated anymore, at least around these parts, but it is without a doubt one of the very best Switch games and it doesn’t get the love it deserves.
Having not played Origami King but having watched a friend play it in full, it feels...rated? Not over, not under. It's a good game whose aspects some like and others dislike.

Even though I'm getting it, it'll be on the backlog for a while thanks to the Odyssey replay, Splatoon, and Pokémon. There's a small part of me that wants to take Sticker Star and Color Splash off the backlog first, even if that's not really necessary.

R.5b3883297bf16589ea1e6ba1685340d6

Having not played Origami King but having watched a friend play it in full, it feels...rated? Not over, not under. It's a good game whose aspects some like and others dislike.

Even though I'm getting it, it'll be on the backlog for a while thanks to the Odyssey replay, Splatoon, and Pokémon. There's a small part of me that wants to take Sticker Star and Color Splash off the backlog first, even if that's not really necessary.
"rated" does not exist. Its always either under or overrated. It feels like people cant discern between a good but not GoaT game just fitting their taste well, or it really being underrated because of circumstances. (and yes, those cases exist)

This seems like a prime example of a fine game, but not over or underrated. Honestly, if i find a good deal im by region below 30, im gona think of picking it up.
Pokemon has priority (if the marketing does not kompletly ruin my interest), and i have a bunch of indie games on my wishlist that would probably get prio.

An interesting case of the "over"/"under" rated debate is Zelda SS for me:
it got great ratings back then, was hated, i actually was really mixed, because it was the first 3D zelda that i paused for over a month,
while buying it on release in the special edition... and i liked the controlls.

Now i have a group that meets because one did not play all the zelda games and shes playing through them with us.
I played it for about an hour, and already fellt like i am done with it. The controlls feel like they ages pretty bad
(maybe in comparison to more current motion controlls in VR games...), but also the button mapping fellt of in some regard.
Ok, that can be acustomed to. The shere boring filler in between dungeons? good. even the 2 that never played the game started to role their
eyes when you get send on fetchquest after fetch quest. The 81 on metacritic sounds about right to me, but you had a ton of people call it underrated,
and deflect criticism by arguing bias on behalf of it being a port, it being a meme to dunk on SS, how is it 81 when back then it was 90+ and it got improvements...

the improvements did not change the core game. The problems where not resolution and 30fps, but the pacing thats bad, and it being to linear.
WWHD did manage to correct a lot of its pacing issues because they where pretty straight forward:
long traversal during sailing (swift sail), and the shard hunt that got reduced by a lot. SSHDs pacing problems are not that easily solvable...

...i kinda moved a lot from the core topic. I heard it has some zelda elements? im actually missing a zelda like currently on my schedule.
Maybe if Tunic does not scratch that itch ill look for deals on PMOK.

Might cop at 25 bucks, don't care for the direction the series went but this one seems fine enough at that price.

Back
Top Bottom