• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour [UPDATE: debunked, see threadmark] MEGATON RUMOR (take w/ salt): mass Nintendo music DMCA takedowns the work of an impersonator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

Fox Brigade
Pronouns
He/Him
I saw this on Twitter (yeah, yeah I know) and thought it was too massive if true not to get a topic. You can read through the Twitter thread here, but I've embedded the choice bits below:

Surprisingly, there's precedent for this sort of thing:

I understand that it's a massive platform, but YouTube really is the worst.

(also @Derachi)

Don’t we have enough fake shit going on in the world? Now we have people doing fake copyright claims? The digital future controlled by 5-6 companies really is going to be great…

Don’t we have enough fake shit going on in the world? Now we have people doing fake copyright claims? The digital future controlled by 5-6 companies really is going to be great…
and the 5-6 frontrunners are fucking stupid

I don’t know what’s dumber: fake DMCA takedown for music you don’t own or minting an NFT for music you don’t own

yeah I got a takedown for a couple PLA OST uploads from Nintendo of America, Inc. not just "Nintendo"

I hope this is true, and that this stuff gets re-listed

That crowd isn't actually going to shut up even if Nintendo tweeted they weren't the ones behind the DMCAs lol

what is the twitter circle jerk crowd? people mad about nintendo copyright claiming stuff?

if this is the case then @Derachi's and my hope may be true: this is named differently because it's coming from an upcoming user-facing channel or service

we might be getting nintendo music let's gooo
...or not and they just took down a huge project of a community member without offering any alternative. Hope that's wrong but idk things aren't looking that good from my perspective here

hahaha sorry Raccoon, I too would like a way to easily listen to Nintendo music
I still have a tiny sliver of hope just because of the sudden mass volume of takedowns, but it could just as easily be a policy change

definitely a bummer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom