• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Underrated indie publishers

bixente

Tingle
We all know about Devolver and Annapurna, but what about other pubs flying under the radar?

Ratalaika is one publisher I really like.

Some stuff they've released that I've enjoyed include Dojoran, Anodyne 2, Warlock's Tower, Super Weekend Mode, Metagal, and Jack n Jill DX.

They've also released a bunch of visual novels but I've got no idea if they're any good or not.

Inti Creates is very underrated IMO, despite their high output and the fact they've handled some big-ish franchises.

They're mostly known for their work on the Mega Man Zero series but they've released many amazing games since then and I don't see enough love for them: Azure Gunvolt games are awesome, same as the Blaster Master Zero series.

Inti Creates is very underrated IMO, despite their high output and the fact they've handled some big-ish franchises.

They're mostly known for their work on the Mega Man Zero series but they've released many amazing games since then and I don't see enough love for them: Azure Gunvolt games are awesome, same as the Blaster Master Zero series.
Not sure I'd consider them a publisher like Devolver Digital and Annapurna Interactive. They've only published their own titles.

Team 17 probably. Everyone has heard of the titles they've published but most people probably don't think about the Publisher. When people think of Team 17 they likely think of Worms.

Stuff like Overcooked!, The Escapists, My Time at Portia, Hell Let Loose, Yooka-Laylee, Moving Out, Golf with Your Friends, Neon Abyss, Going Under, Crown Trick, Monster Sanctuary, Narita Boy etc.

Playism has been doing absolutely fantastic lately.

Omori
Gnosia
Umurangi Generation
Mighty Goose
The Good Life
Record of Lodoss War

A lot of great Japanese indie games.

Team17 does a lot for the indie landscape

Playism/AGM is great. I also some love for mebius, Smileboom, inti-creates, Onion Games, LiveWire, 8-4, Elden Pixels, Flyhigh Works, Unties/Phoenixx, Circle, Regista, Dotemu, H2, Degica, Tozai, UFO, Fabraz, Shin'en, Hörberg, Blitworks, Storybird, Tribute, GotchaGotcha, Image & Form, NGDEV, LRG, Grasshopper, Capy, Adult Swim, Enhance, Wayforward and especially Yacht Club.

edit: Oop, I skimmed too. Taking out those that only publish their own stuff I get Playism/AGM, mebius, LiveWire, 8-4, Elden Pixels, Flyhigh Works, Unties/Phoenixx, Circle, Regista, Dotemu, H2, Degica, Tozai, UFO, Fabraz, Blitworks, Storybird, Tribute, GotchaGotcha, LRG, Adult Swim and still especially Yacht Club.

Back
Top Bottom