• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Steam TriggerHeart EXELICA, the second to last Dreamcast game (and perennial XBLA favorite) is coming to PC

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

originally an arcade game, the Dreamcast version was released exclusively in Japan on February 2007. really.
western audiences wouldn’t get to experience the game until it’s 360 port (notably published by Microsoft themselves, oddly enough.) in 2008. where it was revealed at TGS one year alongside a set of other excellent shmups. “Every Extend Extra Extreme”, “OMEGA FIVE”, the inexplicably unlocalized (on 360 at least) “Castle of Shikigami III” “Rez”, and “Ikaruga”. the last of which was one of the early games leaked on the notorious “Partnernet” developer network.

while the game has never really gone out of circulation, with the 360 version being backwards compatible on Xbox One and a Switch port releasing a few months ago. it’s still an interesting historical title for two separate consoles.

I supported this when they put the crowfunding in japan for the switch version after Cosmo Machia bought the rights. I am glad to see they were able to expand the game to pc

the Switch port is also getting localized on May 2nd
Yeah as thankfully mentioned already, the game came to Switch last year in Japan and thankfully is coming west soon enough and to proper retail via Red Art Games at least at Video Games Plus and GameStop in the US and Canada.

Edit: Oh shit, looks like it got stealth dated for May 2nd in the west! Presumably the eShop release I'd assume:

Switch_2D_EXELICA_ESRB_ESRB.png
Switch_2D_back_EXELICA_ESRB_ESRB.png

Now because PC also gets Triggerheart Exelica, it would be nice if Cosmo Machia would finally port over Castle of Shikigami 1 for Switch as that's still only on Steam and we got 2 already, which is also getting a physical release via Red Art Games as well.

Switch_front_CoS2.png

Personally they should've at least ported both games and did a physical 2-pack. Even better if they also did Castle of Shikigami 3 and did a complete trilogy pack, can you imagine?

Last edited:
Great news. One of the first few Xbox Back Compat games I bought. I will double dip on Steam Deck.

Back
Top Bottom