• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Toys for Bob's offices are allegedly being shut down (Update - Studio remains active, transitioning to WFH)

More info is coming out about Toys for Bob. They laid off 36 employees and then went full remote (their own decision) after their lease for their office was up. Some of this new info comes from Jez Corden, who is a reliable source. Can we get the name of the thread changed to to include an update? Most people haven't seen the update comments in this thread and I wouldn't be surprised if some think that Toys for Bob is just completely dead now.

More info is coming out about Toys for Bob. They laid off 36 employees and then went full remote (their own decision) after their lease for their office was up. Some of this new info comes from Jez Corden, who is a reliable source. Can we get the name of the thread changed to to include an update? Most people haven't seen the update comments in this thread and I wouldn't be surprised if some think that Toys for Bob is just completely dead now.

Still obviously not ideal, especially with the 36 layoffs, but I’m glad the studio is still active at least.

I have to question how many people are left on the team that made Crash 4 and the Sypro remakes. I saw on Twitter that a lot of people left after Crash 4. I am hoping for the best at the studio and they get back to making the games they want instead of being a support studio.

50 people seems like a pretty small number if they were to work on more "high budget" 3D platformers, where they also around 80 when they made Crash Bandicoot 4 or did the team downsize once that project was finished ?

Still better outcome to do WFH than being let go overall but I can't imagine morale would be high while also being isolated from the rest of your coworkers.

50 people seems like a pretty small number if they were to work on more "high budget" 3D platformers, where they also around 80 when they made Crash Bandicoot 4 or did the team downsize once that project was finished ?

Still better outcome to do WFH than being let go overall but I can't imagine morale would be high while also being isolated from the rest of your coworkers.
I believe the drastic cut back in staff is a combination of layoffs and leaving in protest/just not wanting to work on Call of Duty after Crash 4. When it was announced TFB was going to be working on CoD, there were a few people that left on their own accord.

Back
Top Bottom