• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Top 15 best-selling games of September 2021 on Nintendo eShop (Europe)

mazi

picross pundit
In a recent news post sent out to Switch owners, Nintendo provided a listing of the top 15 European eShop downloads for September 2021.

Diablo II: Resurrected makes a strong debut at #1, with WarioWare: Get It Together! right behind. Castlevania Advance Collection also appears in the top ten.

1. Diablo II: Resurrected
2. WarioWare: Get It Together!
3. Minecraft
4. Among Us
5. Stardew Valley
6. Eastward
7. FIFA 22 Nintendo Switch Legacy Edition
8. Castlevania Advance Collection
9. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
10. Slime Rancher: Plortable Edition
11. Townscaper
12. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
13. Sonic Colors: Ultimate
14. Pokemon Sword
15. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Castlevania Advance Collection is a happy sight! I didn't expect it to make the top 10, just goes on to show even the casual Switch players dig the GBA and Metroidvanias,

Plus 4 years in and im rarely disappointed by the eShop Top 15. Say what you want about Switch owners but you usually find quality games in the charts.

PS. What i would give to know Stardew Valley overall sales on Switch, this game has never left the eShop Top 15 as far ai can remember.

PS. What i would give to know Stardew Valley overall sales on Switch, this game has never left the eShop Top 15 as far ai can remember.
same. i also really want to know how among us has done, it's been in the top 5 since release (at least in the NA eshop).

Disappointed in the #1, screw Activision. (despite me planning to buy the game before all their mess became public)

There is some pretty good here besides that. People have good tastes. Though I hope Nintendo starts to calculate these top sellers it terms of revenue instead of number of downloads. The eShop charts is usually filled with the -90% deals which are often shovelware.

By the way, the eastward's dev had an AMA on the switch subreddit. I asked them about the game's sales and they told me this :
Can't share sales data, but at one point Eastward was #1 in the top global sales on Steam and has been bouncing around in the top 1-5 slots globally on the Nintendo eShop. It's been more than a success as far as we're concerned :)
I will caveat that Eastward was in the top 30 most wishlisted games on steam for more than a year before launch, so it's been a really slow burn to get to people interested whether that be through previews, dev blogs, working with Nintendo to have them showcase it etc.
Source

Mario Kart 8 has become Nintendo's Minecraft. 😲 It just wont stop selling. Greatly deserved though because its gameplay is addicting.

Yeah Minecraft is deffo over 10 million at this point, easily.

Among Us is likely closing in on that if it hasn’t already passed it.

Disappointed in the #1, screw Activision. (despite me planning to buy the game before all their mess became public)

There is some pretty good here besides that. People have good tastes. Though I hope Nintendo starts to calculate these top sellers it terms of revenue instead of number of downloads. The eShop charts is usually filled with the -90% deals which are often shovelware.
I think FIFA 2022 selling so well is even more disappointing. It doesn't deserve those sales, it deserves none.

Yeesh Diablo 2 must have made bank. Can't say I'm surprised, I just hate this situation. It's one of my favorite games of all time, but I can't bring myself to support this publisher...

But then again the developer is apparently great. Ugh.

At least it looks like Wario did well

I do wonder how people still bought sonic colors despite all the issues that were reported

I kept saying back in Era that Diablo 2 will sell millions and in no time at all people will forget or keep not giving a fuck to the extreme and everything will be back to normal. CoD will be it’s usual thing as well.

It’s a shame.

Ew. Gross. Activision, and EA with their FIFA Legacy Edition can go to hell.

I gotta say it irks me to se Fifa there. Doesn't deserve to be there at all

The Switch version is the one that would sell the most, guess how that version performed (also, even the other versions had issues that should not have been there).
Just baffling how they managed to fumble what should've been an easy win for Sonic. I hope the lesson they learn is that they shouldn't release broken messes of ports and not that people don't want older Sonic games ported.

Just baffling how they managed to fumble what should've been an easy win for Sonic. I hope the lesson they learn is that they shouldn't release broken messes of ports and not that people don't want older Sonic games ported.
Lol, this isn't the first broken Sonic game they have released and I am quite sure it won't be the last, they literally don't care.

Mario Kart 8 has become Nintendo's Minecraft. 😲 It just wont stop selling. Greatly deserved though because its gameplay is addicting.
Imo, it's closer to GTAV in term of being an enchanted port of previous console game and the only game for the entire generation. Pokemon, on the other hand, is Nintendo's COD with its yearly releases.

Top 30 including deals
Top 30 including deals

1 - Diablo® II: Resurrected™
2 - Eastward
3 - Boomerang Fu
4 - WarioWare: Get It Together!
5 - Minecraft
6 - Among Us
7 - Super Mario Odyssey
8 - Hades
9 - Mario + Rabbids® Kingdom Battle
10 - Stardew Valley
11 - Thief Simulator
12 - FIFA 22 Nintendo Switch Legacy Edition
13 - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
14 - Castlevania Advance Collection
15 - Little Nightmares™ Complete Edition
16 - Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition
17 - Cooking Simulator
18 - Spiritfarer
19 - Overcooked: Special Edition
20 - Syberia 1 & 2
21 - Monopoly for Nintendo Switch
22 - UNDERTALE
23 - Slime Rancher: Plortable Edition
24 - Super Bomberman R
25 - AER Memories of Old
26 - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
27 - Townscaper
28 - Nexomon
29 - Asterix & Obelix XXL 2
30 - Just Dance® 2021

Source

Last edited:
Disappointed in no Actraiser on the charts. Then again, Actraiser's biggest market was Japan followed by the US so I guess this was to be expected.

ThirdPartYDonTselLLonNinteeNDOoooconsoles

mmm, wonder how it's possible to see so many third party games in that chart!!!

I did notice the first Bayonetta managed to get to number 27 on the download only chart on the NA eshop about a week ago for about 2 days and then dropped from the chart. (I'm a weirdo who checks it daily) Guess people got excited/interested by the Bayonetta 3 trailer.

ThirdPartYDonTselLLonNinteeNDOoooconsoles

mmm, wonder how it's possible to see so many third party games in that chart!!!
Third-party have indeed marked their territory on the Switch. And this is an ongoing trend.

Back
Top Bottom