• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Top 15 best-selling games of January 2022 on Nintendo eShop (Europe)

mazi

picross pundit
In a recent news post sent out to Switch owners, Nintendo provided a listing of the top 15 European eShop downloads for January 2022.

Despite launching at the very end of the month, Pokemon Legends: Arceus managed to claim the top spot. Other than that, there are a lot of familiar faces here with the likes of Mario Party, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, and more.

Source: Switch news

1. Pokémon Legends: Arceus
2. Mario Party Superstars
3. Minecraft
4. Among Us
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
6. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
7. Pokémon Brilliant Diamond
8. Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain
9. Stardew Valley
10. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
11. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
12. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
13. Unpacking
14. Arcade Archives Vs. Super Mario Bros.
15. Five Nights at Freddy’s

please note that the european monthly rankings filter out discounted items.

I find it mindblowing that a mainline Pokémon game is NOT in the top 5. Pokémon games almost never left the top spots on 3DS but times are indeed changing. Switch's userbase is much more diverse compared to 3DS.

Pokémon Legends Arceus and Mario Party Superstars at the top. You love to see devs rewarded for listening to the fans.

To be fair, each of those games could have just been photos of middle fingers and both of them would have been at the top of the sales chart.

How are NSMBU and BotW charting so high, just wow!
I find it mindblowing that a mainline Pokémon game is NOT in the top 5. Pokémon games almost never left the top spots on 3DS but times are indeed changing. Switch's userbase is much more diverse compared to 3DS.
Mario Kart and Animal Crossing are in a league of their own. And remember that this is ordered in number of downloads, not revenue. That's why cheaper games like Minecraft and Among Us are higher in ranking.

I would find it more interesting if Nintendo started to at least have the option to sort by revenue instead of number of downloads.

I mean, you don't normally get usurped by a second mainline game only two months later that takes the wind out of the sails a bit.

Everyone was waiting for legends Arceus.

Back
Top Bottom