• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Tiger Heli is out for the Switch

Roger Rabbit

Octorok
Banned
Here are the games and versions included:

The games it gives you from the menu are:

Kyukyoku Tiger versions:
Arcade
Super Easy
Custom
2 player
Arcade Challenge
FC version
PC Engine version
MD version

Twin Cobra versions:
Arcade
NES
Genesis

Tiger Heli versions:
Arcade
Super Easy
Custom
Arcade Challenge
FC version
NES version

There's also a side-scrolling beat em up (from the look of it) that I've never heard of it, called Get Star / Guardian - both versions are included.

Finally, it came with a download code for a Tetris-style game called Teki-Paki.

Yeah, that certainly sounds like an M2 release all right.

Hopefully next on the Shot Triggers lineup is Twin Eagle, which is notable for being one of the earliest Arcade games to feature recorded music. Rather than the traditional synthesized audio of the time.

(Yes, those are actual lyrics, though Psycho Soldier beat them to the punch there by a few months.)

Twin Cobra is great fun. It's played in Tate mode, obviously, and the space at the sides gives you a moving stage map on the right, and other information like when the weapon changing power-up is about to change colour on the left. It's a brilliant version - only played the arcade so far.

TInger Heli is very dated now.

Is this Japan only on Switch atm?
Yes. Infuriatingly M2 seems to have given up localizing their ShotTrigGers line after the first few PS4/XBO attempts bombed.

Right now on Switch we're missing:
  • ESP Ra.De. Psi (2019)
  • Aleste Collection (2020)
  • Toaplan Arcade Garage: Kyukyoku Tiger-Heli (2021)
  • Toaplan Arcade Garage: Hishou Same! Same! Same! (2022)

Yes. Infuriatingly M2 seems to have given up localizing their ShotTrigGers line after the first few PS4/XBO attempts bombed.

• ESP Ra.De. Psi (2019)
That's a shame. I'm not really much of a shoot 'em up fan, but I have some nostalgia for Tiger Heli. Even still, I don't know if I would pay the asking price for this, so I guess I'm part of the problem.

• ESP Ra.De. Psi (2019)
It sucks, because these probably have a market on Switch in the west. PlayStation and Xbox are horrible places to gauge success for these types of products.

That's a shame. I'm not really much of a shoot 'em up fan, but I have some nostalgia for Tiger Heli. Even still, I don't know if I would pay the asking price for this, so I guess I'm part of the problem.

The Switch is region free and Amazon Japan ships to the US no problem. I will also add that it is really easy to create a Japanese eShop account, buy points, and buy the games digitally.

Back
Top Bottom