• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Those in the Heat Wave, how yah doin?

It’s currently 92°F here so it could be worse. Regardless…

IMG-2788.jpg

EDIT: apologies if “bro” here doesn’t apply to you. I didn’t add the text.

We've been experiencing 105-111F degrees of weather for a bit now. Mostly hanging inside, but going outside briefly is.. whew.

Just relaxing inside the whole time. We've had clouds today, and rain the past two days, so it isn't as horrendous as it was predicted to be.

I'm on the west coast and our heat wave just ended, which means it's now only 93F/34C. But forecasts show it coming back up to 108F/42C by the weekend so

yeah

July and August are gonna be rough

It's been 90+ here the last couple of days, so hot but not crazy, though I actually wish it were hotter. I swim in lake Michigan a lot, which is always really cold, so the hotter the better

Walked from the train station to my home for all of ten minutes at 1:30PM

My shirt was soaked with sweat, front and back. It is absolutely no bueno rn

It’s been low-to-mid 90s here all week, which is hot but not unbearable. But combined with near-100% humidity, it actually does become practically unbearable.

As someone who has spent his entire life in the Caribbean, 90 degree weather is pretty tame, but these 100+ degrees (sometimes 110+) are SAVAGE and make one very conscious about climate change
Here in California I get four straight months above 100 including a month of 110-115 which I think shouldn't happen, but people around here handwave it away with things like "summer's always been hot, nothing's changing." But the fact that I remember some light snow days in the winter when growing up whereas now "winter" is around 40-50 degrees, that's what really made me conscious about climate change. We basically don't have winter anymore, and while others insist this is totally normal for the state I'm actually old enough to remember when we used to have it.

Was nice enough to open the windows today for the first time in over a week. Hope the 90's are done until, oh, next year.

The high is 86 here and I might go for a walk later because this is as good as it's supposed to be for a while. It's one thing to get this kind of heat for a few days and just hunker down, but I'm seeing mid-90s on the forecast for the next couple of weeks. I'm a son of New England, I wasn't built for this!

Here in California I get four straight months above 100 including a month of 110-115 which I think shouldn't happen, but people around here handwave it away with things like "summer's always been hot, nothing's changing." But the fact that I remember some light snow days in the winter when growing up whereas now "winter" is around 40-50 degrees, that's what really made me conscious about climate change. We basically don't have winter anymore, and while others insist this is totally normal for the state I'm actually old enough to remember when we used to have it.
When was a high school Senior, I used to walk, maybe an hour (?) sometimes to my internship. Never sweat. Nowadays I walk that route and it’s very hot. I know it’s not the strongest indicator of Climate Change, but the difference in temperature is felt

Also, yesterday I turned my car on at night, like after 7pm, to put it in the garage, and it was not pleasant to have the car show the temperature AT FUCKING 100 DEGREES F

When was a high school Senior, I used to walk, maybe an hour (?) sometimes to my internship. Never sweat. Nowadays I walk that route and it’s very hot. I know it’s not the strongest indicator of Climate Change, but the difference in temperature is felt

Also, yesterday I turned my car on at night, like after 7pm, to put it in the garage, and it was not pleasant to have the car show the temperature AT FUCKING 100 DEGREES F
yuuuuuuup

Couple days ago it was around 85 here at midnight.

It should not be like this.

i live in Egypt it's hell on earth here
some nights i have difficulty breathing because of how hot the air is
and this is just how it is in Cairo
a few days ago aswan was the hottest city on earth temperature reached 49.6 Celsius
i heard horrific stories from my cousins there

It wasn't so bad before in SoCal but the last couple of days have been pretty lousy. At least I live next to a pool.

personally I loved collapsing from dusty hotlung on a 12km walk yesterday

breezy at least! my blood oxygen doesn't favor me much

Back
Top Bottom