• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour There appears to be some evidence that Mario Kart Tour is being prepared to be playable on Windows 11

Interesting, but I agree it’s probably only for dev use. It would be awesome if it did come.

Interesting, but probably only for dev use. It would be awesome if it did come.
google announced a while ago that they're bringing some google play games to PC, and MS announced that android games will be playable on windows 11 via amazon store. seems like devs of mario kart tour could be preparing for the android version to be playable on windows in some way.

I'm waiting for those Epic Clickbait articles/thread titles.

"Nintendo Going third party, Mario finally on PC."

Interesting. Since it'd be the Android version and you'd be locked into the Google Play ecosystem, maybe Nintendo won't have a problem with it and will allow it to be playable on PC.

I think Tour even supports high refresh rates and 16:9 as well - an official 4K 120 fps Mario Kart on PC. Ooooo

Me, using Windows 10: 🤡

I really doubt they would release something on PC, but hey.
You sound like the people from 10 years ago that said they doubt they would release something on mobile. The PC gaming market is exploding, especially in Japan. I would not be surprised to see their mobile offerings be available on PC through the Play Store. Too much money is being left on the table. Shareholders run companies these days, and they want as much profit as possible on the balance sheets.

You sound like the people from 10 years ago that said they doubt they would release something on mobile. The PC gaming market is exploding, especially in Japan. I would not be surprised to see their mobile offerings be available on PC through the Play Store. Too much money is being left on the table. Shareholders run companies these days, and they want as much profit as possible on the balance sheets.
These people said they would never release anything on mobile, while I'm just not inhaling that hopium BUT secretly wishing to be proven wrong.

Can't say I'd ever want to play Tour on my PC but it would be quite interesting to see it happen.
I'd love it if Fire Emblem Heroes came to pc.

All this time we were joking about Mario on PlayStation when in reality it was Mario on PC

google announced a while ago that they're bringing some google play games to PC, and MS announced that android games will be playable on windows 11 via amazon store. seems like devs of mario kart tour could be preparing for the android version to be playable on windows in some way.
I was unaware, that’s pretty kick-a**!

Wait a minute

Does this mean - Symphony of the Night on PC too ?!

When they announced that they would make mobile games, they commented on the possibility of those games coming to PC.

However, I don't think that it's more than that "Android on PC stuff".

While I do eventually believe Nintendo will do PC releases (with Sony and Microsoft going full on PC development, only a matter of time till Nintendo gets pressure by investors), this feels... odd?

Could be just things part of Unity, potentially stuff left from working on it in a development space too, before porting to mobile. I wouldn't look into this too much.

EDIT: As other noted, this seems to be potentially general part of Google Play coming to PC, so Mario Kart Tour may just be a part of this running on it.

Why would anyone wanna play Tour on PC? It’s a game that’s tailor made for smartphones. It would basically need to be completely reworked into a standard Mario Kart game for it to be enjoyable on another type of device.

If they also updated Unity, as the Tweets suggest, I wouldn't read too much into this.
They upgraded to Unity 2020 from Unity 2019 awhile ago. It was brought up in the discord server so the twitter reposter also mentioned it.

Back
Top Bottom