• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Theatrhythm Final Bar Line or Square Enix Y2K’d a game in 2024

Regulus Tera

Ruffian
I wanted to boot Theatrhythm to do my dailies (they just give extra Rhythmia shut up) and the game is not booting up, because it appears the game connects to a Square Enix server for whatever reason even though I have the physical copy.

I start panicking. What if my copy got corrupted? Is it my Switch? I reboot both of my Switches multiple times, desperate because I’m worried the cartridge is fucked. No dice. I assume it’s something to do with FFVII Rebirth’s release hogging Square Enix servers. I’m panicking.

Turns out it’s simpler than that:

Edit: A solution has been found, for some reason the game cannot work on February 29th, presumably tied to leap years, and as such it'll black screen forever until you change the clock back to the 28th, and presumably any date after the 29th too.

Once the date it changed the game will go back to running perfectly fine again.

I would laugh if I didn’t have an unhealthy addiction to this game.

It's funny but this is more common than one would thought. In my previous job it happened 3 times for 3 different systems that the server would crash because February could go up to Feb 31 lol

My Pixel phone alarm clock didn't wake me this morning, I have a daily alarm set up and I guess it doesn't know February 29th lol

I don't think the problem is a connection to servers. The game also does not boot in flight mode. It can't handle the date.

Yeah, I just tried it and it's stuck in "connecting" for me too. It's not a big deal, but it kind of sucks since I finished XIII earlier this week and had been playing some Theatrhythm before Rebirth. Nothing they can't fix with a quick update, I presume.

seriously? I was gonna play later

well alright I'm on an SMT fever anyway. gonna start working on endings I didn't get in SMTIV Apocalypse

Back
Top Bottom