• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Steam the Windows port of Last of Us Part I is receiving a retail "firefly edition". (First Playstation PC title to get a physical release)

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
Note: Death Stranding had also gotten a retail release, but that was an unusual case where the PC version was published by a different company (505 Games) despite being a Sony IP.
The-Last-Of-Us-Firefly-PC-US

US/UK

seems to be exclusive to the official Playstation "direct" webstore, so don't expect copies to be lining your local retailers minuscule "PC game" section.
and no actual disk, as expected. Just a Steam Key in a box.
the other extras are identical to the PS5 version, so....

• Limited edition SteelBook® display case
  • The Last of Us: American Dreams Comics #1 - #4 with new cover art
  • Early unlock of the following in-game items:
    • Increased Crafting and Healing Speed Skills
    • 9mm Reload Speed and Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrades
    • Explosive Arrows Gameplay Modifier
    • Dither Punk Filter and Speedrun Mode
    • Six Weapon Skins: Black Gold 9mm Pistol, Silver Filigree 9mm Pistol, Rubber Tactical Shotgun, Sculpted Oak Shotgun, Arctic White Bow, Carbon Black Bow

surprisingly stock is still readily available in both regions, i figured it would have sold out fairly quickly.

Weirdly this was announced late alongside the digital deluxe upgrade. I would buy it if they sold it on Amazon or Best Buy.

Very interesting idea! I'd rather they be DRM free files (like GOG!) but hey, I'm not expecting that from such a large corp. 😂
Horizon Zero Dawn actually got a GOG release, surprisingly.
but they've never expiremented with it further.
Seeing a retail box with a Steam banner seems surreal. I've literally never seen anything like this.
it's a bit more common in europe, which is where the majority of my "modern PC retail game" collection comes from.
628686-trine-4-the-nightmare-prince-windows-front-cover.png

there is this though, a big Steam logo on a US release from 2019.
it usually tends to be more subtle, THQ Nordic's releases have a small "Internet Connection required for activation" blurb on the cover. for example.
665440-zoo-tycoon-ultimate-animal-collection-windows-front-cover.png

there have also been Epic Games Store (Metro Exodus, The Sinking City.) and GOG (Cyberpunk 2077, Divinity Dragon Commander.) retail releases, but i only have Cyberpunk on-hand currently.

Sony is really capitalizing on the HBO show huh. What's even the point of a physical release that doesn't even have a disc (I know they're not the first though). Just sell the collector items without the game for $70 less. Who am I kidding though, most people are definitely not buying this for the art book, or to play the game for that matter, and Sony gets to charge more this way lol

Back
Top Bottom