• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion The True N64 GOAT is FINALLY getting rereleased.

Man, there were lots of attempts of bringing this little fella back, so I'm glad it's happening in some capacity! (The Steam rerelease seems to be based on the N64 original no less!);

Hopefully this gathers the funds to at least finish the cancelled Glover 2 that they had back in the day.

Nice! One of the N64 games I haven't played. I like that so many N64 games are brought to modern platforms.

04/20 eh

Glover gets lit confirmed 🌿 🔥 🤪

(Being an idiot aside, I remember Glover and if the price is right on this I might check it out!)

Found this going around. Not sure if should support it, but again you all can form your own opinions.

Oh... :(

and I just learned they also support NFTs.. that's a shame.. I wanted to give support to the IP..

Found this going around. Not sure if should support it, but again you all can form your own opinions.

Yeah, the fact this is even a native port is utterly astonishing. Considering their usual MO of doing very basic emulator packages like the 40 Winks example.
The only other exceptions are Super 3D Noah's Ark (where they contacted the dev of ECWolf to add support for that game.) and Jim Power (Still emulated, but they outsourced a custom NES port made from scratch that's actually far better than the original game.)

There's also the fact that one of these cheaply made releases is Zero Tolerance, which was legally released as freeware (alongside a prototype for the unreleased sequel.) by the original developers. Yet Piko inexplicably decided to charge more for it than the rest of their library despite the likely fact said devs probably wouldn't get a single cent from it.

I personally prefer the sequel, Super Smash Bros, where Glover tragically gave in to darkness and became the villain.

But this origin story was pretty fun!

Oh... :(

and I just learned they also support NFTs.. that's a shame.. I wanted to give support to the IP..
Really?!!! I didn't know that either!!! I didn't want the return like this.

DAMN IT!!!!!

It's officially out, and includes a very surprising bonus.

They ended up backtracking on that infamous "what historic value does an unfinished rom have?" quote and included four previously undumped builds of Glover 2, and eight builds of the original game.

The actual port itself, on the other hand.... :confused:

No graphical options, no way to quit, zero attempts at repairing the game so it can run at a higher framerate (The fully working option is twenty.) and frequent audio bugs.
Even the basic emulated PS1 copy included as a "bonus" reportedly has completely busted controls. This is evidently why they previously only did emulated releases.

It's officially out, and includes a very surprising bonus.

They ended up backtracking on that infamous "what historic value does an unfinished rom have?" quote and included four previously undumped builds of Glover 2, and eight builds of the original game.

The actual port itself, on the other hand.... :confused:

No graphical options, no way to quit, zero attempts at repairing the game so it can run at a higher framerate (The fully working option is twenty.) and frequent audio bugs.
Even the basic emulated PS1 copy included as a "bonus" reportedly has completely busted controls. This is evidently why they previously only did emulated releases.

No way to quit? You have to alt+F4 everytime you want to shut it off?

I got upset that I didnt find Snowboard Kids 2 in these news.
Atlus won't re-release the N64 Snowboard Kids game, and the last Snowboard Kids game they did release was SBK: Snowboard Kids, which had the characters aged up and which also sucked.

Atlus hates us. :(

Anyway, I sure hope this ends up on something other than PC because I'm into playing it again. Glover is a legitimately neat game.

Atlus won't re-release the N64 Snowboard Kids game, and the last Snowboard Kids game they did release was SBK: Snowboard Kids, which had the characters aged up and which also sucked.

Atlus hates us. :(

Anyway, I sure hope this ends up on something other than PC because I'm into playing it again. Glover is a legitimately neat game.

Indeed all companies have made baffling decisions but for some reasons, Atlus is one of the top ones for me due to this.

QuByte is porting this to PS4/Xbox One/Switch, for some reason.

i don't think they ever fixed the problems with the PC version, and getting it on console means you most likely won't get access to the prototypes. So uhhhhh....
probably not a good idea to buy it. :rolleyes:

i don't think they ever fixed the problems with the PC version, and getting it on console means you most likely won't get access to the prototypes. So uhhhhh....
probably not a good idea to buy it. :rolleyes:

Such a shame, this was a squandered opportunity to rerelease a great game with some fun extra content and it is bungled.

It's not gonna happen. Hey You, Pikachu! is sadly stuck on the console because the technology it needs in order to be played is too advanced for current gen systems. Maybe in a few decades the industry can recover and we can all get to play the Nintendo 64's real GOAT again.

after two years, these ports have finally resurfaced by getting rated by the ESRB.
This is an adventure game in which players control a wizard's magical glove as it searches for crystals to restore peace to a kingdom. Players traverse platform environments while collecting items, solving puzzles, and dispatching enemies. The players' glove can pounce on enemies, throw objects at them, or trigger mechanisms for cartoony attacks (e.g., a giant boxing glove; oversized bombs). Characters typically react to damage by falling back or turning into a puff of stars.
the rating is specifically for PS5/Switch, but QuByte has been adamant that the Xbox version is still in the works.

hopefully the delays have been done to fix the port up, but considering the Steam build hasn't gotten any updates since release. i have my doubts.

Back
Top Bottom