• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News the Tokimeki Memorial Girl’s Side trilogy is coming to Switch on Valentine's Day (in Japan only)

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

(official site)

the first two games were originally released on the PS2, but are likely better known for their DS ports. with 3 eventually releasing day one on the platform with the Sony version (PSP in this case) coming later.

while the original Tokimeki Memorial is a historically significant title that more or less invented the dating sim genre as a whole, these titles became much more popular in terms of sales and fanbase from my understanding. hence why they're getting this treatment.
notably, the whole trilogy got fan translations from 2010-2015. long before the original game. managing to make Yumejoshi* everywhere a vital part of game preservation

*for reference, that's a Japanese term for women who fantasize about dating fictional characters. Yume = Dreaming, Joshi = Girl.

This is great news given the legacy of that franchise.

Konami continuing to dance around doing Parodius, Goemon, Bonk or Bomberman collections will never stop surprising me

Since we are defining Japanese words ITT, I learned tokimeki means palpitation, or throbbing. Doki doki tokimeki. 💓💓💓

Oh the recent otome games not the original ones. Heard that they were not as good as the stuff Otomate makes but still would give them a try. IF Konami decides to locelize them and they might now there's a huge market for them in the west. More localized otome is always a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom