• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News the Switch port of Evil Dead: The Game has been cancelled, the other versions will no longer get new updares.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

To the Evil Dead: The Game community,

Today, we have made the decision not to pursue the development of new content for Evil Dead: The Game. We also confirm that we will not be releasing a Nintendo Switch version of the game.

We will keep the servers up for hte foreseeable future and address any major issues that arise.

On behalf of the entire team at Saber, thank you for all the groovy times and your continued support.

a bit unfortunate, i thought the concept of having a more action focused 4v1 survival horror game seemed fairly interesting.

Not surprised at all. I was super excited when the game was announced because I didn't notice the horror multiplayer game boom and therefore wasn't aware it was just copying the popular things. Now it's obvious that everyone's trying to chase the same thing kinda like with battle royale a few years before. We've got Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Killer Clowns, and probably something else I'm forgetting. But those games are all based on one, sometimes very nice property so OF COURSE they're not gonna make a splash something like Dead by Daylight (is that the crossover horror game?) made.

Last edited:
Not surprised at all. I was super excited when the game was announced because I kinda missed the horror multiplayer game boom. Now it's obvious that everyone's trying to chase the same thing kinda like with battle royale a few years before. We've got Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Killer Clowns, and probably something else I'm forgetting. But those games are all based on one, sometimes very nice property so OF COURSE they're not gonna make a splash something like Dead by Daylight (is that the crossover horror game?) made.
Friday the 13th at least had the advantage of releasing early in the boom, but it was tripped up by the IP rights becoming a quagmire.

Back
Top Bottom