• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion The Owl House season 2B and Amphibia season 3B will premiere on March 19th!

Magic-Man

Perseus Jackson
Pronouns
He/Him
It's finally time. This thread will be used to (barely) contain my excitement until premiere day.

Episode titles are out there now.

I'm really excited for both shows to come back, but I'm gonna have to wait to watch either of them.

I still haven't seen either! Dana Terrace seems like the coolest goddamn person on earth.

Man, the newest Owl House episode kinda hit hard.

I wasn't expecting Luz's dad to be brought up, much less for him to be dead. And Luz bottling up her emotions about it felt very familiar to me.

Also goddamn Lumity is one of the best written relationships on TV.

So Belos is a witch hunter trying to commit genocide on the entire demon realm via the coven system, he killed his friend and then cloned him several times and killed them all when they inevitably betrayed him. Hunter is the only one to survive so far. Oh yeah and the Collector is pretty much the Bill Cypher of the demon realm. Fucking hell.

Also damn they really showed Belos attempting to murder people in a super horrific way on a Disney show.

So Belos is a witch hunter trying to commit genocide on the entire demon realm via the coven system, he killed his friend and then cloned him several times and killed them all when they inevitably betrayed him. Hunter is the only one to survive so far. Oh yeah and the Collector is pretty much the Bill Cypher of the demon realm. Fucking hell.

Also damn they really showed Belos attempting to murder people in a super horrific way on a Disney show.[/SPOILER

I can say so many things about how good All In was, such a great penultimate episode with a lot of emotional payoff and great moments.

But since this is Famiboards, I’ll just leave it at how much I enjoyed the little reference to Link and Edelgard.

All In is easily the best episode of Amphibia IMO. Badass action sequences, emotional payoff, two great villains, amazing animation and music, a super creepy ending straight out of Majoras Mask. If this was the finale it would go down in the greatest animation finales ever.

Yeah same here. Such a good bittersweet ending, but man has it left me feeling drained.

I like the message about how relationships change and friends drift apart sometimes and that’s okay, and sometimes people still find their way back to you. Think they left it the right amount of open ended in that you can read the ending however you want it. Like whether they go their seperate ways again or rekindle their friendship into something better or even if they become more than friends is really up to how the viewer sees it.

Just a great, narratively satisfying end that leaves enough stuff open for people to come up with their own interpretation. Kinda hitting me now that there’s only really Owl House left and once that ends there’s really no current cartoons at the moment I’m invested in.

Last edited:
Where does Amphibia rank among the best Disney Channel cartoons?

Right up there with Gravity Falls, The Owl House, and the Ducktales Reboot for me. I personally can’t really think of another Disney cartoon that is on the level of those four.

Based on the executive meddling and the dissatisfaction expressed by several of the creators over what they’ve had to fight for and Disney’s stances on LGBT issues I think it’ll be a long while before we see another cartoon from them that’s this good.

Yeah same here. Such a good bittersweet ending, but man has it left me feeling drained.

I like the message about how relationships change and friends drift apart sometimes and that’s okay, and sometimes people still find their way back to you. Think they left it the right amount of open ended in that you can read the ending however you want it. Like whether they go their seperate ways again or rekindle their friendship into something better or even if they become more than friends is really up to how the viewer sees it.

Just a great, narratively satisfying end that leaves enough stuff open for people to come up with their own interpretation. Kinda hitting me now that there’s only really Owl House left and once that ends there’s really no current cartoons at the moment I’m invested in.
I'm somewhat invested in Miraculous Ladybug, but nowhere near the same level I was for Amphibia and Owl House.

Cartoon Network is moving a ton of it's content to HBO Max.
Disney is moving away from new shows it feels like and want to fund more things like Monsters at work or Hey It's Baymax using establish characters they can market and sell merchandise for.
Nickelodeon cartoons feels almost non-existent outside Spongebob. But we just got a Rugrats reboot and Avatar Studios making more Avatar content.

It's just going to be a weird transition after having some great cartoons with on-going plot all come to end.

Back
Top Bottom