• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion The Matrix: Resurrections - First Impressions (No Spoilers)

I was afraid that it would be a The Force Awakens-esque type of self-awareness, which has made me wary... but pretty much every review I've seen so far has been mostly positive. We'll see

I was afraid that it would be a The Force Awakens-esque type of self-awareness, which has made me wary... but pretty much every review I've seen so far has been mostly positive. We'll see

Same here. The good news is that many of these first impressions are also from reputable critics, so some of the meta-qualities in Resurrections have been compared to other films and genre conventions.

It's already prompting better discussions than just about every Star Wars sequel. Ha.

I rewatched the original today and damn what an excellent film it still is. Planning on rewatching Reloaded and Revolutions over the next few days and even the Animatrix for the first time. Hoping for the best with the new movie.

This movie sounds good. It doesn't seem to take itself to seriously while still building upon the lore set by the original trilogy. Really curious now.

The twin peaks comparison has me intrigued when I wasn't before

There are many awesome first impressions missing ITT , sadly i can't access Twitter right now but i will try to include them later. These impressions are making me very pumped up for the movie (if that was possible!!) , damn i'm so excited. It seems the movie is a completely different animal.

Back
Top Bottom