• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion The Lego Thread - Building fun for everyone!

ITSMILNER

Tingle
2048px-LEGO_logo.svg.png

Lego (/ˈlɛɡoʊ/ LEG-oh, Danish: [ˈle̝ːko];[1] stylized as LEGO) is a line of plastic construction toys that are manufactured by the Lego Group, a privately held company based in Billund, Denmark. Lego consists of variously colored interlocking plastic bricks made of acrylonitrile butadiene styrene that accompany an array of gears, figurines called minifigures, and various other parts. Lego pieces can be assembled and connected in many ways to construct objects, including vehicles, buildings, and working robots. Anything constructed can be taken apart again, and the pieces reused to make new things

Anyone here a collector/builder of Lego? I have quite a few sets, most of which are still in unopened boxes as I’m waiting until I move into my new house before building them. They make great display pieces, my partner is a fan as well luckily so we’ll be displaying a lot of these sets once we start getting them built haha.

This is my thread.

I'd post pictures of my entire collection including "Ye Olde Huge Container of Spare Bricks" but they're sort of all over the place around the house rn

I have a few Architecture & Expert sets.

Want to do the Titanic set but price keeps me from getting it. Want to get a Saturn V rocket but they retired the set and the prices are going up on secondhand markets.

I have a GT Mustang set at my work desk, I’ll snap a picture next time I’m in the office.

Found it in some old tweets

Last edited:
Whenever I see a set I'd really like, instead of buying it, I look up the instructions on their website, and then build it in my mind. Saves me hundreds of dollars!

Yayayay Legos! I try to be reasonable since I have limited income and apartment space but it's hard. These days I mostly get sets that double as home decoration (some of the plant sets, the ship in a bottle, etc) but there are so many tempting ones. The recent LoTR set is gorgeous but ouch that price tag.

For people who also may have interest in video games (surely a minority on this forum), may I recommend Lego Bricktales as a very fun little adventure game where you actually get to build stuff and test it in physics puzzles etc: https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/lego-bricktales-switch/

Did anyone get the Horizon or Atari set?
I have the Atari (and SNES) set! They were both really fun to build and I have them on the same shelf as my real consoles so guests keep falling it.

Had a splurge on Lego today actually, picked up the Bonsai Tree on Amazon as it was £26.99, also got the Lego Globe finally.

Did anyone get the Horizon or Atari set?

Yeah I picked up the Tallneck last Christmas, still need to build it though.

Did anyone get the Mario question mark block? It’s the only Mario set I picked up.

Did anyone get the Mario question mark block? It’s the only Mario set I picked up.
Yeah I got that one as a holiday gift a couple years ago :) It was really fun to build and it makes for a fun prop. I especially like that since it folds, it means the dioramas are way less likely to have pieces knocked off on accident.

How are you all storing your sets? I don't currently have a ton of space, so I will build a set, display it for a time, then break it down and maybe build it again another day. When I break it down, I bag it as it was when it was originally packed, but right now I just have a cardboard box full of Lego bags.

I'm moving into a house soon and looking for ideas for more permanent storage.

How are you all storing your sets? I don't currently have a ton of space, so I will build a set, display it for a time, then break it down and maybe build it again another day. When I break it down, I bag it as it was when it was originally packed, but right now I just have a cardboard box full of Lego bags.

I’ve got some of those big plastic tubs which I’ll keep built sets in when they are not on display (I have a number of Christmas sets which will only come out in December so they’ll to be stored)

Random ass boxes. But for specific stuff, I just got a bunch of BYGGLEKs:

bygglek-lego-r-caja-con-tapa-jgo3-blanco__0807578_pe770441_s5.jpg

Official Lego-Ikea collab, the boxes stack onto each other and with Lego Bricks. They've been amazing for the Lego Mario sets since I can use them as part of the courses I'm building too, lol.

Yooo so my birthday was last week, and I turned… well, I’m in my early 30’s. My girlfriend asked what I wanted for my birthday and you know what I said?

“I want to get into Lego”

I got a huge Lego Classic box and I’ve been messing with them like every day. I love building stuff! Another friend gave me the Speed Champions Fast & Furious Dodge Charger because I’m such a huge F&F nerd, and I already know I’m gonna ask for that Himeji Castle set for Christmas this year.

I’ve also been messing around with Bricklink Stud.io, the digital Lego design/creation program. It’s been a lot of fun! As someone who works in 3D animation for a living, using that program is like second nature for me haha

Yooo so my birthday was last week, and I turned… well, I’m in my early 30’s. My girlfriend asked what I wanted for my birthday and you know what I said?

“I want to get into Lego”

I got a huge Lego Classic box and I’ve been messing with them like every day. I love building stuff! Another friend gave me the Speed Champions Fast & Furious Dodge Charger because I’m such a huge F&F nerd, and I already know I’m gonna ask for that Himeji Castle set for Christmas this year.

I’ve also been messing around with Bricklink Stud.io, the digital Lego design/creation program. It’s been a lot of fun! As someone who works in 3D animation for a living, using that program is like second nature for me haha

Sets like the classic box are great as you just have free reign to create whatever you want, a blank canvas to experiment with build ideas.

So uhhh... y'all like custom Brickheadz? because I've been making a few
Kiryu.png

Majima1.png

Just got the Medieval Blacksmiths set, very cool looking build!

Got my eye in the Viking Village set as well, will wait for a sale on that though.

Back from the LEGO shop with the Eldorado fortress.
Nostalgic set.

I have way too much LEGO, need to sell some of it.

ideas-21344-orient-express-catalog-reveal-v0-bx98wyxceltb1.jpg

if I somehow have some expendable money by December 1 I'll absolutely be getting this

I understand the disappointment in the switch to a (pretty dinky) 2-6-0 locomotive but as an Emerald Night owner this was the perfect approach for me

Sadly I’m mainly working on a purge to sell right now. Tho I still pick up an occasional small set like the Mario stuff

Back
Top Bottom