• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Review Thread

the_marmolade

Quality Assurance Tester in Video Game Industry
Pronouns
He/Him
the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom.png

Please note that the reviews provided above are generated by an artificial intelligence and should not be taken at face value. They are intended to provide examples of what a review for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom might look like and should not be treated as genuine reviews.

It is important to always do your own research and seek out multiple sources before making a purchasing decision. This description was also generated by an artificial intelligence and should not be taken as the definitive word on the matter.

IGN - 10/10
Without a doubt, this game is a masterpiece and the best the Nintendo Switch has to offer. From the moment you start playing, you are transported to a vast and breathtaking world filled with challenging puzzles, epic battles, and lovable characters. The story is expertly crafted and completely immersive, and the music is simply breathtaking.

While we did encounter some technical issues in terms of frame rate drops and other performance hiccups, they were minor and did not detract from the overall experience. This game is a must-play for fans of the series and, in our opinion, it raises the bar for what can be achieved on the Nintendo Switch.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is a triumph and a testament to the developers' talent and dedication. It is an experience that no Switch owner should miss.

Gameinformer - 9.25/10
I was eagerly anticipating the release of this highly anticipated game and was not disappointed. it pushes the boundaries of video game design and mechanics, forcing you to change the way you think about puzzles and battles. The result is an incredibly rewarding and satisfying experience. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is a true masterpiece that challenges and delights in equal measure. While some reviewers have exaggerated the game's performance issues, we found them to be minimal and not a significant hindrance to the overall experience. The world is vast and beautiful, and the music is top-notch. The characters are well-written and engaging, and the story is immersive and well-crafted

Easy Allies - 7.8/10
I was eagerly anticipating the release of this game and was excited to dive into a new adventure. While the game design is innovative and the puzzles and battles are engaging and challenging, I was disappointed by the lack of new locations and dungeons and the technical issues I encountered. It felt more like an expansion rather than a fully fleshed-out sequel. Despite these drawbacks, the world is vast and beautiful, and the characters are well-written and engaging. The music is also top-notch. Overall, I enjoyed my time with this game and it is sure to please fans of the franchise. However, its technical issues and lack of new content hold it back from being truly great. It feels more like an expansion than a fully-fledged sequel.

Gamespot - 7/10
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom builds upon the strong foundation of its predecessor, offering the same engaging gameplay and immersive world that fans have come to expect from the series. However, despite its many strengths, the lack of new features and innovation is a disappointment.

The story and characters are well-written and engaging, and the puzzles and battles are as challenging and satisfying as ever. The world is vast and beautiful, and the music is top-notch. However, we were hoping for more in terms of new ideas and gameplay mechanics.

Overall, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is a solid entry in the series and will surely please fans, but its lack of new features holds it back from greatness.

Polygon - Unscored
As a huge fan of the series, I was excited to dive into the world of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. And for the most part, the game did not disappoint. The puzzles are clever and challenging, and the battles are epic and satisfying. The music is top-notch, and the characters are well-written and engaging.

However, I was deeply disappointed by Zelda's role in the game. While she is a key player in the story, her character development is lacking and she feels more like a plot device rather than a fully fleshed-out character. This is a huge letdown for a character that has played such a prominent role in previous games.

Overall, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is a solid entry in the series and is sure to please fans of the franchise. Its only major flaw is the underdeveloped role of the titular character.

Video Games Chronicle - 3/5
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is a game that truly stands out in terms of its design and gameplay. The world is vast and beautifully realized, and the puzzles and battles are challenging and rewarding. However, we were disappointed by the game's performance on the Nintendo Switch. Despite being a capable console, we experienced frequent frame rate drops and other technical issues that detracted from the overall experience.

Overall, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is a solid entry in the series and is sure to please fans of the franchise. However, its technical issues are a significant drawback that may turn off some players.

Digital Foundry - Wait for the Next Nintendo Console
The performance of this game is unfortunately poor. In docked mode, the game barely runs in 720p and the frame rate is nowhere near as stable as the previous game in the series. Handheld mode is even worse, with a miserable frame rate that makes the game nearly unplayable. While the update does improve the depth of field, it does little to address the core technical issues.

We were extremely disappointed by the technical issues in this game and can only suggest that players wait for the next console to potentially experience the best version of this game. The world and characters are well-designed and engaging, but the technical issues severely hinder the overall experience.

sounds like itโ€™s a solid entry in the series! especially glad to hear itโ€™ll please fans of the franchise

It is so clear where it gets the inspiration from, and how...vague it it. I mean, it looks to real this way :p and since now its normal for big releases to talk about performance its no suprice that its an important factor.

Please note the following post was generated by an AI after feeding it all of my own posts on Famiboards and telling it to generate a response to this thread.

Wow, I canโ€™t believe the reviews for Tears of the Kingdom are this divided. Iโ€™m sure the game itself will be very fun but itโ€™s unfortunate it doesnโ€™t run great. I really hope the new hardware is not far behind. Perhaps I will order a Subway sandwich and play Yakuza 0 instead. I really do love Subway and also Yakuza 0.

What are you using to generate these? Teach me your ways

Please note the following post was generated by an AI after feeding it all of my own posts on Famiboards and telling it to generate a response to this thread.

Wow, I canโ€™t believe the reviews for Tears of the Kingdom are this divided. Iโ€™m sure the game itself will be very fun but itโ€™s unfortunate it doesnโ€™t run great. I really hope the new hardware is not far behind. Perhaps I will order a Subway sandwich and play Yakuza 0 instead. I really do love Subway and also Yakuza 0.
Feels like we're gonna have to introduce reverse turing tests for these threads...

Was looking forward to this one but I'll probably hold off until it gets some performance patches and a discount.

Looks like I'm picking it up on sale. What a shame, I was looking forward to this one.

Can anyone confirm how performance compares to Bayo3 and Pokemon S/V?
My local game store sold me an early copy and it's real rough. Textures often don't load at all, lighting doesn't work, frequent crashes and glitches all around. Can't believe EPD spent six years to release a game in this state.

EDIT: turns out that's just emulator issues, my buddy is playing on a Switch and it's not that bad

My local game store sold me an early copy and it's real rough. Textures often don't load at all, lighting doesn't work, frequent crashes and glitches all around. Can't believe EPD spent six years to release a game in this state.

EDIT: turns out that's just emulator issues, my buddy is playing on a Switch and it's not that bad
Okay good to hear it works better on a native system, but a real shame that it's still in such a rough state.

Nintendo aren't doing themselves any favors by sticking to hardware this old at this point.

Lmfao

Can anyone confirm how performance compares to Bayo3 and Pokemon S/V?
Hey, I just wanted to respond to your review of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. While I can understand that you had some performance issues, I have to say that I haven't really noticed any major problems with the game. Sure, there are some frame rate drops here and there, but overall I think the performance is just fine.

I think a lot of the negative reviews are exaggerating the issues and not taking into account that every system is different and may perform differently. I've been playing the game on my Switch and have had a great time with it.

I understand that everyone's experiences may vary, but I just wanted to share my perspective. I don't think the performance issues are as bad as some reviewers are making them out to be. Just my two cents.

Hello fellow gamers,

I'm absolutely outraged by the negative reviews that Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has been getting from some reviewers. In my opinion, these reviewers are completely wrong about this game and I wanted to share why.

First of all, the story of Tears of the Kingdom is an absolute masterpiece. It's full of twists and turns and kept me engaged from start to finish. The characters are well-developed and have interesting arcs, and the world-building is top-notch. How can anyone not appreciate the quality of the story in this game?

Secondly, the gameplay in Tears of the Kingdom is some of the best in the series. The puzzles are challenging but not frustrating, and the combat is satisfying and strategic. The addition of the creature transformation mechanic adds an extra layer of depth to the gameplay and makes it feel fresh and exciting. How can anyone not enjoy the gameplay in this game?

I'm honestly baffled by the negative reviews that this game has been getting. It's a fantastic game that any fan of the series should definitely play. I can't understand why some reviewers are giving it negative reviews, but I think they're completely off base. If you're on the fence about this game, I would highly recommend giving it a chance. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised and agree with me that these negative reviews are completely unjustified.

-AI LOZJAM

Some of these reviews donโ€™t surprise me. When Nate confirmed the Switch 2 delay until late 2023/early 2024 earlier this year, I knew we wouldnโ€™t be seeing the best of what this game could be.

The fact that an AI would learn to complain about performance issues in switch games says a lot about gaming.

Some of these reviews donโ€™t surprise me. When Nate confirmed the Switch 2 delay until late 2023/early 2024 earlier this year, I knew we wouldnโ€™t be seeing the best of what this game could be.
He hasn't confirmed anything like that.

Edit: My joke detector broke.

He did in late Jan 2023, it was a huge thread here, games media had a field day with it too
Ah I see. It's cause Fire Emblem needed room to breathe.

Back
Top Bottom