• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News The Legend of Zelda Echoes of Wisdom Announced for Switch, Releases September 26 (Playable Zelda)

Thank God it's original and not an another remake.

Not a fan of the toy artstyle still but will be getting this day 1

Its basically a sequel to the Oracle games, I don't think its possible to be back any more than this!

This is exactly what I wanted from a playable Zelda game - new gameplay that separates her entirely from Link!!!!

God, the series is truly in a creative renaissance. You can see how the freeform nature of the echo ability captures BotW/TotK's ideas in 2D.

Disappointed by the artstyle but this looks neat. It’s not really a new 2D Zelda though, looks more like a spin-off given the odd combat. It’s nice they’re trying something different but a new 2D Zelda would be very different, haven’t had a traditional once since A Link Between Worlds, which reused ALTTP’s world,

Will it have dungeons or will we have to suffer people whining about no dungeons for another 7 years?

Also without saying it’s really cool Zelda finally gets her own game without Link.

Definitely a terrible generation for being a classic Zelda game fan....XD
I think I would be happier with this annoucement if we were eating well....

Alright so a new 2D game where you play as Zelda, re-using the LA engine. She has a different play-style, but otherwise it's a somewhat standard top-down adventure game. Link is absent because he is stuck on Koholint.
I CALLED IT
(almost, I guess Link is stuck in the shadow realm instead)
GIVE ME A BADGE

They really, REALLY love to take my money away.

Here we have Classic and new Zelda combined into a fine package.

Will it have dungeons or will we have to suffer people whining about no dungeons for another 7 years?
I’m wiping my expectations clean. Looks like this is really gonna shake up the 2D formula, wouldn’t expect traditional dungeons here either.

This is totally classic Zelda.
It intentionally isn't. The game is centered around puzzle solving and combat with the echo mechanic. This won't satisfy the people who just want a game like LttP.

It very much satisfies me however AAAAAAAAAAAA

Looks phenomenal.
Btw I can already hear the cries of the 'not muh zelda' and 'why zelda can't fight' crowds.
Screw them. We want more creativity not less.

Honestly, kind of disappointed it doesn't have the classic Legend of Zelda gameplay with dungeons and normal combat, since the new 3D Zeldas are pretty different too. However I'm excited for Zelda getting her own game and I will definitely give this a shot, I'm sure it will be fun too.

Doesn't matter to me who the main character is, but the Echo mechanic looks cool as hell

The creative puzzle solving looks next level

It intentionally isn't. The game is centered around puzzle solving and combat with the echo mechanic. This won't satisfy the people who just want a game like LttP.

It very much satisfies me however AAAAAAAAAAAA

Zelda has always been more puzzle than combat focused except for Adventure of Link.

You can't constantly copy Alltp... we had basically A Link Between Worlds doing that already. And Allto doesn't define what is classic Zelda either when there are much more games that deviate from it than not.

I'm really looking forward to this game. The summoning staff looks like it'll bring a lot of unique ways to traverse and solve puzzles. They could have easily just had Zelda fight with magic fireballs or whatever, but this is a lot cooler. It feels like Nintendo is implementing a bit of TOTK item manipulation stuff without completely breaking the conventions of a 2D, top down Zelda so I'm so here for this.

Back
Top Bottom