• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

PlayStation the heavily delayed Food Physics simulator "NOUR" is finally launching September 12th on PS4/PS5/PC

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

Nour: Play with Your Food is an experimental food art game that blends mouth-watering visuals, dynamic beats, and playful exploration. Unbound by scores, time limits, or realism, Nour invites you to play with your food in a variety of surreal scenes ranging from chill to unhinged—from a symphony of toasters to a bathtub full of ice cream, and far beyond. Rediscover the joy of play in this unique foodie fantasy.
to give you an idea on how long this has been in development, it started as a Kickstarter project made on September 18, 2017. pre-dating the announcement of Untitled Goose Game (which is what led to Panic becoming a full-time game publisher in the first place, and eventually picking up this game) by two weeks.

It's crazy that I've had this on my PS5 wishlist since I got the console in 2020.

Gonna buy on Steam though, I don't play/buy non-exclusive games on Playstation anymore.

this is one of like three kickstarter games i've ever backed lol, i was glad to see it's finally coming out (and that they haven't abandoned the mac version). i'm not bitter at all about the years of delays in part because I'm just not that interested in the game at this point but also because the $29k from the crowdfunding must've been a drop in the bucket of the total budget this thing ended up needing & getting lol.
i'm happy for Tj if nothing else! and I will definitely poke around with it for a bit once it's out

This will be very good. I played a demo of this pre-pandemic, and it left a strong impression. I wonder if it will end up coming to more places than computers and PlayStation.

This feels like a cross between Cooking Simulator and games like Cloud Gardens, and I'm all up for it.

I wonder if a VR mode is planned at some point because it feels like a game where direct motion controls interaction would be amazing.

this is out now! got the kickstarter email with a steam key this morning, will try it out later and see if my decade-old macbook can handle popping popcorn without melting

looks like it’s $15 US with a 20% launch discount

Ooh yeah, please report back. I generally don't like playing games on my laptop but would make an exception for this.

it honestly runs so poorly on my ancient machine even on minimum settings that I don't think I can give any real assessment of it lol but I think if you like what you see in the trailers you will like the game itself!!
just based on the scene selection menu there seems to be more content than I would've expected, and it's clear they put a lot of work into making it fun and intuitive to control (I only unlocked a couple of them but you gradually open up more tools to interact with each scene). the opening popcorn scene actually ran okay for me and it is pretty fun! i'm hoping to invest in a new laptop sometime soonish and this will definitely be one of the first things I boot up

perhaps it could be characterized as an electroplankton-like? it's maybe got some of the same DNA in that each scene has a specific style of music at its core and you can affect it through your interactions with the on-screen objects. sadly, the only animals in this game are dead though

Back
Top Bottom