• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion The Fish of 3D Mario

Smash Kirby

Bob-omb

Interesting video of Fish and this deadpan delivery of the Youtuber makes even more enjoyable.

Figured this should get its own thread, if not it can be locked.

As one of the comments pointed out, I think he missed the spooky fish from Galaxy. I also thought that skipping over Galaxy 2 and 3D Land, and abandoning 3D World so quickly, was not doing justice to the fish. It would be very surprising and worthy of more note than it received if 3D World truly had no incidental fish, since Super Mario 2D World had them back in 1990. Overall, a good but flawed video with some key holes in its rigorous methodology.

I love this guy's videos most of the time, he really brings a zen-like insight you don't see very often on YouTube, but yeah this one felt a bit more thin than usual because he doesn't usually analyze things in an encyclopedic way, not surprised he missed some examples.

Noticing the little details like the aerated fish tank and how the fish slowly move towards is the stuff he's good at highlighting, those little details are some neat stuff

That video has a fantastic title

I'm on the Odyssey part right now and I can't believe I forgot about how stunning Odyssey's incidental fish were

This video just bums me out that Odyssey is almost 7 years old and we're still waiting on the next proper 3D Mario, lol

(loud)
surprised no one posted this, definitive proof that Mario is a big fan of fish.
"come here fishie fishie!"

yes, that's Charles Martinet. a year before Mario 64 solidified him as the main voice for the character.

Back
Top Bottom