• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club The Entire Pokémon Franchise Has Been a Fucking Disaster for Twenty-Six Years and I Know the Reason Why

Suswave

𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖉 𝖇𝖆𝖘𝖊𝖉
Founder
Pronouns
𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖞 / 𝖘𝖍𝖊
I’ll get right to the point:
Pokémon are not ugly enough

you spit out your lovingly aged pimm’s cup and toss its goblet into the sea from the stern of your yacht

“𝓈𝓊𝓈𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒,” you say, “𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝒸𝑒𝓇𝓉𝒶𝒾𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝓊𝑔𝓁𝓎 𝒫𝑜𝒸𝓀𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑜𝓃𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈”

feh! by the standards of fools!
is what I, warbound athena, retort from olympus on high

there is truth in what you say, though. I see it in your welling eyes. fixated on the spark, I soften my next blow:

“conviction. good. you will need it for the struggle to come.”

it wasn’t always so dire, you know. in the 𝕱𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖌𝖊 we were tethered to imagination by fidelity’s pixel — graced by such beasts:

ShCPNYD.jpg

so near horrific beauty, near the inimitable esteem of disgust.

a glimmer of hope. a brighter path.

but success lifted its horned head from the soil and charged forth. it gored them all, every last game freak, swiftly and without recourse.

the pierced are honor-bound to slump. our falling angels, wings burning away, plunged towards the refined and adjourned. the sandblasted smooth nothings of this pitiful future.

all efforts to be ugly…

frz5jhb.jpg

are betrayed by truth.

h1xL8KG.jpg

and all opportunities to be ugly…

Wh4qIQu.jpg

are betrayed by choice.

RibNsS0.jpg

but not all is lost... not even now. though we are hampered by the 𝕯𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖍 𝕬𝖌𝖊, we still have hope.

because though the damned have not graced us with truly ugly creatures, their creatures can be made ugly in extended canon

Re1IXTL.jpg

and though it is not 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖎𝖗𝖆𝖈𝖑𝖊, it’s a miracle nonetheless

so you stare out to sea, bob and sway. you will the goblet to return. you will it to fill once more.

the yacht is sinking into my undeniable truth. the mountain goes silent.

“𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈,” you say, ocean at your thighs.

“𝒾𝒻 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓌𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓊𝑔𝓁𝓎”

this post made in consideration of the Shitpost Bonanza. @Maronic03

what? you thought I was mad about the games? nah, I like ‘em, they’re perfectly fine

This is one ugly Pokémon right here

seismitoad.png

Poor thing is covered in these bizarre, disgusting growths

I know I posted this earlier in the month but I think it's somewhat relevant here:

I maintain that they made Pikachu worse by making Pikachu "cute"
and I put the word cute in "quotation marks" because Pikachu was already cute before dammit

I just read this out loud to a table at an expensive dinner. One person was visibly shocked by the "pimms cup" reference
I truly cannot believe my words made their way into the dinner of champions and the most shocking thing mentioned was pimm’s cup

omega cringe

there's literally only one right answer and it's that Pokemon's ugliest, stinkiest, horriblest creation has been in front of us, even in smash bros...

Greninja_SSBU.png

Haha, i finally did it! this is pure fugly

I do honestly think Pokemon has failed the “monster” part of its name. I felt Gen I was more monster than real animal in terms of its designs than later gens.

There's plenty of ugly Pokemon.

But would I welcome more deformities, slime and affronts to nature? Yes.
but this is what I’m saying — ugliness isn’t an affront to nature

ugliness is nature

and Pokémon, ostensibly borne from the bug-catching of youth, could stand to reflect some of that

from a great wooden horse labeled Marketability, the profitable laconic splinter the gates of Troy

omega cringe

there's literally only one right answer and it's that Pokemon's ugliest, stinkiest, horriblest creation has been in front of us, even in smash bros...

Greninja_SSBU.png

Haha, i finally did it! this is pure fugly
my beautiful son </3

And yet you have nothing but adorably rabid looking specimens in your OP
you ever stare at a dog for three hours straight? memorized the shape of its gums and nervous mannerisms? watched it take a shit on the floor? truly beheld?

snubbull is as much evidence of the cueballing of creatures as bubbles the frog

you go google “Suriname Toad” and tell me that the Pokémon in question isn’t nerfed into oblivion, shackled terameters from the true ugly majesty of our own world

wooper is somehow both the cutest pokemon and one of the most fucked up

waddling around on their sole two appendages like an intermediate spore beast

I think everyone's criticism of Gen 5's designs really hurt the series.

Particularly Trubbish and Garbador.

Bring me more monsters pls.

jokes aside I agree with this

I'd love to see some more pokemon with gen 1 style eyes and overall designs
yeah, agreed. or like… some more disturbing ones in the mix, y’know?

this is a shitpost but it’s not a shit post

I do genuinely think some more weirdness and intensity would suit. like Eternatus is pretty creepy, and I’m a big fan of their “final form”

but I also get it. I do more or less like Pokémon and Pokémon designs.

(and yes, truly, there are comparatively “ugly” ones, though I feel like they could go further)

I think everyone's criticism of Gen 5's designs really hurt the series.

Particularly Trubbish and Garbador.

Bring me more monsters pls.
hail the reign of literal garbage!!

honestly, other than it being a caricature of various criticisms of Pokémon — plus everything else I wanted to bring to it — the thing that helped get me going on Grögol Bonanza was seeing the Gen 1 early sprites for the first time

since my first Pokémon game was Yellow, I hadn’t actually seen the uglier and goofier ones until I got Red for my 2DS

and I thought “bruh this slaps they’re so weird!!”

which worked really well since I wanted all the Grögols to be extremely quick and shoddy pen sketches

but… there’s another piece to this…

…I’ve been drawing fucked up Pokémon for as long as I can remember. especially ugly Pikachus.

and that’s a sus fact!

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.
wow

pokemon-detective-pikachu.jpg

Controversial take here, but i really like the live action movie pokemon. Turns out yes, pokemon in real life will look kind of creepy, but the movie did a good job of adapting everyones design i think. Also can i just say that i really love this movie, and I'm fucking depressed we will never get a sequel or another live action pokemon film?

pokemon-detective-pikachu.jpg

Controversial take here, but i really like the live action movie pokemon. Turns out yes, pokemon in real life will look kind of creepy, but the movie did a good job of adapting everyones design i think. Also can i just say that i really love this movie, and I'm fucking depressed we will never get a sequel or another live action pokemon film?
and though it is not 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖎𝖗𝖆𝖈𝖑𝖊, it’s a miracle nonetheless

I don’t think that’s a controversial take, I really enjoyed the movie too. Like it was fucking goofy but it went for it, you know?

and TRULY, it was better for making them kind of ugly!!!

I would have honestly maybe tolerated more of the Sonic movie if he stayed ugly

but then we would've gotten ugly tails which would have been wildly distressing
no. I want them to make me regret it. tails per hour. let’s fuckin’ go

Back
Top Bottom