• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

TV The Boys | Season Four is out now!

Winny

The Writing Writer
Pronouns
She/Her
The-Boys-infobox.jpg

Superheroes are often as popular as celebrities, as influential as politicians, and sometimes even as revered as gods. But that's when they're using their powers for good. What happens when the heroes go rogue and start abusing their powers?

When it's the powerless against the super powerful, the Boys head out on a heroic quest to expose the truth about the Seven and Vought, the multibillion-dollar conglomerate that manages the superheroes and covers up their dirty secrets. Based on the comic book series of the same name.

The fourth season of the hyperviolent superhero TV show we all know and maybe love just released today, with three episodes. There will be eight episodes in total, with the finale on July 18th.

So what do you think, have you seen it, do you like the previous seasons, got any theories or predictions you want to share? Remember to spoiler tag any discussion of new episodes for maybe a week, just in case anyone hasn't seen it yet. The show is also a little graphic too so feel free to use content warnings for anything that's a bit much. For example...

Something very gross happened in the second episode of the new season. I certainly never thought I'd see Chuck go all Human Centipede on us.

Coolio. Thanks for the heads up.

I’m excited especially since Eric Kripke announced that the show will end with Season 5. The last couple seasons felt like they were stalling so now that there’s a definitive end approaching, they can start building toward an endgame.

This is good timing because I recently finished Fallout (which was awesome). I was going to wait to start Season 4 of The Boys because I was going to go ad-free in July, but I didn’t get any ads during Fallout so I’ll take my chances. 🥳

I think I'll save the three episode binge for tomorrow after work for the weekend, definitely curious to see how this season begins hopefully no exploding private parts this time lmao

S'pose I'll mosey on over to prime and take a gander at the first episode of the new season tonight. I'm glad some good TV is hitting this summer, because it's too fucking hot outside.

Mentions of both Pacific Rim Uprising  and Transformers Revenge of the Fallen?

Someone in the writer's room was watching some dogshit big robot movies lmao

The Boys shitpost subreddit r/okbuddyfresca honestly has a better understanding of The Boys than the official r/TheBoys sub.
many such cases! r/dccomicscirclejerk is probably the best subreddit for Marvel/DC discussion, and r/gamingcirclejerk's social thread was one of the best left-wing gaming spaces until the tankie headmod got rid of the good mods and banned most of the thread.

"This man is in no condition to fuck a sheep." is one of the best line deliveries in the entire show. Absolute perfect comedic timing.

Back
Top Bottom