• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation the absurdly popular ghost hunting sim Phasmophobia is coming to Playstation 5 (PSVR2 compatible, and also heading to Xbox)

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

oddly, this was first shown at the Xbox Extended Showcase. even though it seems like most people play it in VR. with the non-VR players just being friends tagging along for co-op purposes.

but yes, this was huge on Twitch for several months back when it first launched in early access. and now it's likely going to see a resurgance once these console ports launch. (especially considering it has full cross-platform multiplayer.)

Last edited:
My SO absolutely adores this game. She watches a streamer play it almost every day, and plays it regularly with her sisters. I’m happy that I’ll be able to join on on my Xbox!

Fantastic, had some friends play this very regularly on pc for a game night last year and I'd spectate a lot, it's a ton of fun. Will definitely pick this up on xbox.

This is totally fine and playable without VR btw, maybe a slight misconception by OP, I haven't actually saw it played with VR even lol so don't let that put anyone off if you don't have access to that.

Fantastic, had some friends play this very regularly on pc for a game night last year and I'd spectate a lot, it's a ton of fun. Will definitely pick this up on xbox.

This is totally fine and playable without VR btw, maybe a slight misconception by OP, I haven't actually saw it played with VR even lol so don't let that put anyone off if you don't have access to that.
I wasn’t aware it was playable without vr but I just got psvr2 a week ago so I’m excited to try this out on it

My best friends couldn't stop playing this game for a month or two, every night. So yeah seems like a big get for playstation and xbox, especially if it has crossplay.
even though it seems like most people play it in VR. with the non-VR players just being friends tagging along for co-op purposes.
Didn't even know this was compatible with VR honestly.

delayed to Halloween thanks to their office getting damaged in a fire.

Due to a recent fire incident in our office building and unpredicted development issues, our ability to test and develop has been signifantly impacted.

After careful consideration we have made the tough decision to delay the console release, initally set for August, while we get everything sorted. We are now aiming for a special launch during the week leading up to Halloween this October. This gives us the needed time to perfect and fine-tune everything.
Your patience and unuderstanding mean everything to us, and we can't wait to bring Phasmophobia to consoles.
the wording seems to suggest no one was harmed thankfully, but still an unfortunate situation.

not coming out on Halloween either
oof.
As we still try to adapt to our new remote working life after the fire incident and to establish a new office, we’ve encountered unforeseen challenges in adapting the game for consoles. These combined factors have affected our development timeline more than we initially anticipated.

While we had hoped to present you with a special launch alongside the Halloween event, the complexity of our current challenges means we need more time. We will keep you updated on our progress and provide a revised release date as soon as we have more information to share. We are working diligently to minimize the impact of this delay, and we want to express our sincere gratitude for your continued support.

We promise, when Phasmophobia arrives on consoles, it will be worth the wait.

Back
Top Bottom