• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club TFW you get a Zima instead of emphysema

Clov

An ethernet cable girlfriend
Pronouns
She/Her
PXL-20230604-112843886.jpg

Stay frosty, ladies

I usually drink it with the board games, I'll try it with 80's cartoons next time I find some!

Booze and board games is such a great combo! When I still lived in Canada, my friends and I played a great one called Red Dragon Inn together. It's a board game about characters drinking at a tavern! The goal is not to get too drunk or lose all your money. It was great fun!

All of Transformers and all of Jem and the Holograms is on YouTube. Jem especially is a GREAT watch once you've had enough to drink. Incredible stuff that has to be seen to be believed.

Jem.
Jem is excitement.
Ooh! Jem!
Jem is adventure.
Ooh!
Glamour and glitter,
Fashion and fame.
Jem.

Jem is truly outrageous,
Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

Woah! Jem!

The music's contagious, outrageous!
Jem is my name,
No one else is the same!
Jem is my name!

But we're The Misfits,
Our songs are better!
We are The Misfits,
And we're gonna get her!

Jem!

The music's contagious, outrageous!
Jem is my name,
No one else is the same!
Jem is my name!
Jem!

I do still wonder who directed and storyboarded the intro. It's definitely someone at Toei that handled it, but wonder who....

Toei also did work on some episodes of Transformers, so it wouldn't be surprising if that intro was by them. Doubt we'll ever find out who exactly did it, though. It's too bad!

Toei also did work on some episodes of Transformers, so it wouldn't be surprising if that intro was by them. Doubt we'll ever find out who exactly did it, though. It's too bad!

Transformers is especially interesting since Toei co-produced it (though they were so busy with the movie, they weren't able to do Season 3, outside providing design works I believe?) and then was retained for Headmasters onwards when the production went entirely in-house.

That said, there's a few Toei animators that were at the company (or did outsource work for them) at the time that are on Twitter. Naotoshi Shida's on Twitter, so maybe he might know? Wouldn't hurt to try and ask though I don't know how to approach it.

Back
Top Bottom