• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Deals Target B2G1F starts Sunday Nov 6. Includes switch, Xbox and PS games

Mandos

Pikmin
Pronouns
He/Him

Remember to take advantage of target’s prorating system where you add extra games of the same price then cancel them after ordering.

Got my list ready
Live a Live, Persona 5 Royal, Pac man repac, THPS(maybe?), Jojo(?), Kamiwaza. May sway the ? For TMNT cowabunga or Capcom Fighting. Not decided. And if LAL doesn’t make it I’ll just look for a different deal. Tho May slip on the early one

My targeted (heh) games are Live a Live, Star Ocean, Valkyrie Elysium, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, and maybe the off chance that new Pokemon games slip through the cracks. This is my overall Black Friday wishlist so we'll see if I can get any through the Target deal.

Going for Automata, Cowabunga, and P5R. I’m assuming the Nintendo BF discounts aren’t active yet otherwise I’ll be throwing Links Awakening, Three Houses, or WarioWare in as well.

Gotta keep that wine cellar stocked in case we get another Wii U 🤣

Ooo, what is this prorating system?

Also is this deal in store only?
Easier online actually but both. Basically it’s not really B2G1F but in the system it’s buy 3 at 33% off each if they’re the same price. So when you cancel or return a game you still keep the remaining games at that price of 33% off. So if you’re quick you can cancel the extra before you’re even charged if you buy online. Of course it means every 3 games as a set need to be the same price for the best deal(otherwise it’s less)

Easier online actually but both. Basically it’s not really B2G1F but in the system it’s buy 3 at 33% off each if they’re the same price. So when you cancel or return a game you still keep the remaining games at that price of 33% off. So if you’re quick you can cancel the extra before you’re even charged if you buy online. Of course it means every 3 games as a set need to be the same price for the best deal(otherwise it’s less)
Oh that's really cool, thanks for the heads up!

😃👍

Gonna have to see the pricing on these (and hope Amazon matches which they should). Usually retailers move the prices back to MSRP, but not always. Wondering if Nintendo published games will make it in there. Somewhat doubtful. That would take Live A Live out of the possibilities.

Personally, I could go all out on this, but have to play the “which game will eventually go way cheaper” game. Off the top of my head for Switch, I would do Nier, TMNT, and another game depending on if Nintendo published games are included (Live A Live, any of this falls major releases). Also could add Elden Ring. Have lots of Sony games to try, but makes more sense to get to Plus Extra for most of those.

Gonna have to see the pricing on these (and hope Amazon matches which they should). Usually retailers move the prices back to MSRP, but not always. Wondering if Nintendo published games will make it in there. Somewhat doubtful. That would take Live A Live out of the possibilities.

Personally, I could go all out on this, but have to play the “which game will eventually go way cheaper” game. Off the top of my head for Switch, I would do Nier, TMNT, and another game depending on if Nintendo published games are included (Live A Live, any of this falls major releases). Also could add Elden Ring. Have lots of Sony games to try, but makes more sense to get to Plus Extra for most of those.
Yeah like if LaL slips in I’ll grab it for sure. Pac man world repac and Kamiwaza are my must gets because they’re so recent they’re unlikely to get better this season.

I’m having doubts on Persona 5 Royal, not because of a better deal this season but because I probably won’t play it till after I play P3P and it may have a better sale by then

I haven't done a b2g1 free in years, I really miss the time period where I could just grab anything I wanted. Toys R Us was really good back in the day for that and they usually had my "weird" titles that I wanted.

Kinda want Nier and Kamiwaza, so just need to find another $40 game and hope they have them all lol

I haven't done a b2g1 free in years, I really miss the time period where I could just grab anything I wanted. Toys R Us was really good back in the day for that and they usually had my "weird" titles that I wanted.

Kinda want Nier and Kamiwaza, so just need to find another $40 game and hope they have them all lol
TMNT cowabunga collection, Capcom Fighting collection, Bugsnax, Tetris Effect, Road redemption, and Them’s fighting Herds would all be options. Though remember with the prorate trick you can always cancel the third after ordering for the same discount

TMNT cowabunga collection, Capcom Fighting collection, Bugsnax, Tetris Effect, Road redemption, and Them’s fighting Herds would all be options. Though remember with the prorate trick you can always cancel the third after ordering for the same discount
Yeah I know about the trick but tbh I just dont want to deal with that, I rather just have 3 games now vs 2 lol

Guess I'll return my two unopened games (Nier Automata and Super Mario Odyssey) that I bought from BestBuy and get them from Target instead plus an extra game 😋

Kinda wish God of War: Ragnarok was out already to use that here but, oh well, I'll try and look for something else then. Maybe Returnal

Last edited:
Well I’m up extra late at the hope of Live a Live falling through the cracks. I decided to skip P5R for now. By the time I’ll play it it’ll probably be on a bigger sale… at next years BF XD

It’s live.
Live a live wasn't on the deal but I’m sure it’ll pop up elsewhere . I’ll just have to keep an eye out but it’s the only other physical game I’m after.

Got the 2 games I was mainly after, Kamiwaza and Pac man world for a total of $52.68 tho. Not a giant deal but they’re such recent releases I figured it was one of the better sales they’d get

Not seeing much first party published stuff by Nintendo. Will keep an eye out for games that are in the inevitable Amazon deal.

Editing to add that Sparks of Hope is in this sales

I got Neir, TMNT and Eastward. I didn't do 2 for 1 efficiently but I just took the savings and ran (back to sleep). I was shocked to see the Pokemon double pack listed.

Not seeing much for me here. Sparks of Hope on sale is neat, but I know it’ll go cheaper than $40 so no rush there.

I went for Pac-Man World, Stranger of Paradise, and a preorder for RE4R. Not the most efficient, but I usually have a hard time with maximizing these B2G1 sales anyway.

I take it back, RE4 on sale is an easy snag. Triangle Strategy is part of this too, guess I missed that on my initial scan. Tossed in Elden Ring and I feel pretty good about it.

Not seeing much for me here. Sparks of Hope on sale is neat, but I know it’ll go cheaper than $40 so no rush there.
Yeah, like sure it brought the gold edition down to retail price but if I’m not playing soon anyways May as well wait till it hits ~45$
I went for Pac-Man World, Stranger of Paradise, and a preorder for RE4R. Not the most efficient, but I usually have a hard time with maximizing these B2G1 sales anyway.
I did Pacman and Kamiwaza (who knows how long that’ll stay in print), and maximized

Picked up some ‘don’t really want/need these, but may as well’ games.

FKDApwE_d.webp

Guess I'll return my two unopened games (Nier Automata and Super Mario Odyssey) that I bought from BestBuy and get them from Target instead plus an extra game 😋

Kinda wish God of War: Ragnarok was out already to use that here but, oh well, I'll try and look for something else then. Maybe Returnal
Never mind. The Targets around me seem to be understaffed and Super Mario Odyssey isn't a part of the B2G1 free deal. I'll try and get Returnal some other day when it's on sale, maybe digitally

Back
Top Bottom