• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Super Mario Odyssey Local and Online Multiplayer Modification(s) in development

MondoMega

Puffball Enthusiast
Pronouns
She/They
Currently there are two Super Mario Odyssey multiplayer mods in development; one just recently announced for four-player single screen 3D World-style local co-op; and another focused on online play with multiple gamemodes via a peer-to-peer connection.

You can see a breif demonstrating of the local multiplayer project here:

and the online multiplayer is being showcased by SMO speedrunners on YouTube who have been testing it for a few weeks; one example of these videos:

Thought this was neat enough to not keep contained to the Fangames ST; but i'll have cross-posted this thread there too.

Damn when I read the thread title I read as "modes" and thought "no way Nintendo is gonna release content four years after release".
Great thing for modders tho!
I completed the story yesterday and I'm still collecting moons mad getting lost in kingdoms, and I can't explain the joy I have with this game. It's one of the best games ever made and it can't be stressed enough. I eager for a sequel announcement now.

This looks really fascinating! I don't know how much fun I'd have in practice, since the camera control between two or more players can be tricky to deal with for me, but I imagine a split screen implementation would be much more difficult, especially for a fan effort. Still, a great level of effort for a mod and I'm looking to see future updates.

I really gotta mod my launch Switch one of these days. The benefits of having the Odyssey cart and not the digital version!

Yeah I watched the Smallant videos covering this. Crazy what modders have achieved over the years

Back
Top Bottom