• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Suika Game (aka Watermelon Game) is now available on Nintendo Switch eShop internationally (UPDATE: new holiday theme, sales top 5 million)

slide's

Lucky bumper
Pronouns
he/him
originally released in late 2021 and after blowing up online last month, the previously Japan-exclusive game “Suika Game” is now available on eShops across the world for $2.99 US or local equivalent

here’s the NA eShop link:

and here’s a nice article with some more info and context for its origins and recent popularity:

I recommend it! it’s a lot of fun and it’s nice that it’s now easier to access for many folks

looking at the screenshots, it appears that they’ve left all the in-game text untranslated for now lol. shouldn’t be much of a barrier for anyone and I respect the decision lmao but figured it’s worth noting

Never heard of this game until I saw one of the streamers I follow, who usually just plays Destiny 2, was streaming it the other day. Looks fun and it's very cheap too.

I am excited to try Suika Game

I kind of wish they left it as “Suika Game” and didn’t change it to “Watermelon Game” once you’ve downloaded it

If I install this can I tap my Switch on Japanese turnstyles to pay for transit?
either you absolutely can or the TTC chose violence

…then again, it’s the TTC…

edit: i may have misunderstood the joke

there’s been some confusing advertising lately now that they’ve added tap to the TTC, including a picture of a watermelon that says “does it tap?” on it

Last edited:

Last edited:
Like I said a while ago: this game is C R A C K! Buy this!!!

I just played this last weekend, a friend of mine got it off of the Japanese eShop. I’ll gladly put down the $3 for it.

I have been seeing this game for months now in Youtube. Mostly japanese gals plays this game. Quite fun and entertaining to watch.

popular with streamers? so it's basically another Among Us situation? or Slender?

shouldn't have posted about Apples and Oranges in the Watermelon thread lmao XD.
A lot of Japanese streamers, though there was some controversy recently where the game's publisher very briefly went after clip channels of Hololive streamers and forcing takedowns. They quickly backed off after realizing they were killing free advertising and blowing their own foot off, but the damage has been done.

Most Hololive streamers that were playing Suika Game have since started playing a fan-game clone featuring Hololive talents' heads in place of the fruit.

Is this out in Europe? Can't find it.

Edit: It is. It wasn't on the web site but it was in the store. Bought and this is really addicting.

Last edited:
I feel like this has happened before and I always love it, some obscure little Japanese puzzle browser game that is low key brilliant suddenly starts spreading virally, but this is probably the first time it happened where you've been able to purchase it on a home console within like a week. I first saw it shared on Cohost, described as "Threes! but with fruit" and that sold me hard, I had a feeling this would happen and so glad to see it. lol I don't even care they couldn't even manage to translate any text, so glad to fund it and hope the dev can work on it a bit more.

Hey, looks like this game got an update. You can toggle between English and Japanese. And there is a cool Halloween theme as well!

Last edited:
I was able to play this a bit tonight. It’s Threes! A very cute version a Threes. It’s fun! I’d love to have it on iOS.

oh my god they fixed it

complaining on forums works

Spider-Man and Mario were so busy fighting each other they didn't notice that Suika took the throne. Fun game.

As a special treat for Christmas, Suika Game has been updated with a new holiday theme.

The theme will only be available for a limited time. To access it, update the game and use the L/R buttons on the title screen. Christmas music is included.

Alongside the Christmas theme update, Aladdin X has also announced that Suika Game sales have surpassed five million. That goes for downloads for Japan and overseas combined.

Kinda wish they didn't rotate the holiday themes out. I'm in love with this game, but it'd be nice to be able to just change up the music every once in a while whenever and not just at Halloween or Christmas

i saw word that the game might be coming to PS4/5...

might because the listing seems somewhat off and bootleg-like. (publisher is listed as GOGAME CONSOLE PUBLISHER instead of Aladdin X, keyart looks unusual.)
screen-shot-2023-12-19-at-95020-am.png

considering the lack of quality control on digital stores. it's possible this slipped through the cracks.

edit: it actually wasn't approved by Aladdin X. and was quickly rebranded to hide this.

Last edited:
And that christmas theme is out with an update. I don't get why it's done like this. I mean the best way would be that the themes are always there to chooce, but they could also do it like many other games and tie the themes with calendar. Do you think we'll get a new year theme?

I'm not gonna lie, the NSO Game Trial got me.

That's the 2ND trial to get me to buy the game! It also helps it's stupid cheap.

I'm not gonna lie, the NSO Game Trial got me.

That's the 2ND trial to get me to buy the game! It also helps it's stupid cheap.

When I saw them announce this, I thought why does a 3 Euro game need a trial, just buy it. But I guess it did work haha.

there's also an motion control "exercise" version on some random fitness app, fully approved by the original developers.
The Suika Game exercise version utilizes the camera on a smart device to control and play Suika Game while maintaining the same design and look of the original version. This exercise version creates a full-body exercise for players.

there's now a 3D version of the game (not officially related to suika game). out now on steam, coming later to switch

Back
Top Bottom