• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League is officially receiving a fully offline story mode post-launch

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
GAyxAbhXEAAIzt_.jpg:orig

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will receive an offline mode after launch, Rocksteady says.

At launch the game will requires an online connection to play, a decision that was met with backlash from players.

Now, on the game’s official Discord server, Rocksteady has claimed that the game will be playable offline after the launch of the game.

“We’re happy to confirm we are planning to add an offline story mode that will give players the option to experience the main campaign without an internet connection,” it wrote.

“We’re planning to provide this update in 2024 and will provide more details when available.”
there were rumors that the game was mainly delayed to add the offline mode, but this doesn't seem to be the case. it's always been known that there was a "single-player" mode that has the other 3 team mates controlled by bots, but you still needed to be online to select it.
of course, requiring an online patch to ensure the game works offline is a bit iffy for long-term preservation. but at least the option is there.

As a fan of the Arkham trilogy, online only single player was a dealbreaker for me. Not that I don't have decent enough internet access, but I'm philosophically opposed to this form of DRM and what it means for the long-term preservation of games. This is welcomed news. Hopefully eventually we'll get a definitive edition with everything on disc.

Last edited:
I get they probably can’t delay the game further at this point because this should have been there from the start, but the complete dealbreaker for me was always online so if they make it work offline and the reception to that mode and the game overall is positive I’d consider picking it up.

It's genuinely impressive how badly we're seeing AAA studios mess up what should be the safest IPs out there. I guess Suicide Squad could still take off, but it sure isn't looking promising.

It's not as embarrassing as somehow fumbling the goddamn Avengers, but still.

Back
Top Bottom