• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Deals Steam Deck is 10% off until March 23rd

Imitatio

Founder

Direct link:

Thought it warranted its own thread. Great prices for the hardware!

Yeah I bit on the cheap option. I will probably put a 1TB 2230 SSD into it. Would be cheaper than the most expensive option of steamdeck lol

Very tempting. I don't play enough on steam to warrant the purchase. I do like the idea of being cozy in bed playing games that my Switch just can't.

That's pretty tempting, I was considering waiting a few years for V2, but this could save a decent chunk on the higher versions.

Damn good deal, but I'm surprised there's one as low as 64 GB lol.
Yeeeah, the 64 GB model isn't that great if you don't plan on upgrading the internal storage yourself to a 256 GB or more SSD.
Even a big mSD only helps with some of the quirks introduced by the small storage, especially as far as shader caches for games are concerned.
People who want an easy introduction into the Deck experience are certainly better of buying either of the two higher tier models.

I know this sounds like I'm joking but I'm actually saving my money for the Switch 2
I was in the same boat, but I was gonna get one in a few months probably for my birthday. This is just more incentive. This is gonna by my next gen console instead of PS5 or Xbox probably.

Yeah I bit on the cheap option. I will probably put a 1TB 2230 SSD into it. Would be cheaper than the most expensive option of steamdeck lol
Noob question: the cheaper model uses eMMC storage, while the more expensive options use NVME, can you upgrade the 64gb eMMC model to a bigger and faster NVME drive?

Noob question: the cheaper model uses eMMC storage, while the more expensive options use NVME, can you upgrade the 64gb eMMC model to a bigger and faster NVME drive?
Yeah, but it's a slightly different form factor with the M.2 2230 size drive. It's also a bit annoying to do, but a first time tinkerer could probably get it done. Here's the iFixIt guide. The option to expand the storage using a high speed SD card is also available.

What about the shader cache that is stocked on the internal memory, is it really full very quickly on the 64gb model ?
I wouldn't really know, I have a larger drive in mine and mostly use it as an emulation box. Cursory google search tells me there's a tool to help move that onto the SD card now and keep everything functioning. Don't take my word on that though, since I haven't had any experience with that issue.

The availability (and now, discounted price) of the Steam Deck makes me regret having bought an Xbox Series S and laptop [early] last year.

But now that I have those, it'll take a significantly upgraded Steam Deck to win me over.

Very tempted to get one now. Trying to justify it but I’m not sure if I can. I barely play my steam games but that could change if I had this…

I caved. It’ll be here tomorrow. Just got the 64gb since I don’t know how much I’ll actually use it. I’m comfortable upgrading the internal storage down the line, but I’m gonna rock a microSD for now. I’ve seen plenty of folks online say that works perfectly well for them. I mainly want to use it for emulation and playing older games and indies.

I kinda wanna jump in but, ugh, that screen. 😓

Die shrunk OLED refresh is such no brainer but the system is only a year old so I can't blame Valve.

Last edited:
Again? I thought they got it sorted out months ago and that the info on the website was outdated.
Might have changed again with the current sale going on, though.
That’s what the website is saying right now when I check the status of my order, at least

Back
Top Bottom