• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

TV Station Eleven

Clix

Chain Chomp
Banned
Anyone else saw this? Seems flew under the radar (I did not even hear about it until I saw a writer give high praise for the series), but at 10 episodes long, I started it on Friday evening and finished it this past Sunday. It is all self contained as it is a mini series, so I enjoyed being invested in a story that reached a conclusion without drawing it out.

Won't spoil too much, but it's a post apocalypse story that jumps around to three different timelines. Pre-Pandemic, Pandemic, and Post-Pandemic. There is a graphic novel that serves as the connection, and how to very brown people interpreted the graphic novel differently, which in turn is reflected their post pandemic adult selves and held them back emotionally.

The episodic structure if very self contained while piecing together a larger narrative. What I love about this show is how differently it treats a world in which 99 percent of the population has died off. So many stories about the post apocalypse are not grounded at all with how humans as a species work nor with actual sociological studies, meaning, no we don't resort to Lord of The Flies trying to kill and deceive each other. Not to say that opportunists or dangerous people without the order of law would not exist, but that most people would work together in order to survive and thrive because it is ultimately in our nature. So while there is some danger, the Post Pandemic Year 20 period is not bleak, but everything is filmed brightly and with lush nature all around us. Ultimately is a story about what it means to be human and... the arts! It is a story about love, hope, trauma, and letting go of that trauma, and how the arts are an integral part of our culture and helps aids our own humanity.

Anyway, I loved the show, and it really gave me all the feels. I don't get emotional often regarding fiction, but this one did me in.

Back
Top Bottom