• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News State of Play returns June 2 at 3 PM PDT/6 PM EDT/12 AM CEST with 30 minutes of third party announcements and PS VR2

frog

Spin it, boys!
It’s been more than two months since our last State of Play – who’s ready for a new one? Tune in live next Thursday, June 2 for nearly 30 minutes of announcements and updates from the world of PlayStation.

We’ll have some exciting reveals from our third-party partners, plus a sneak peek at several games in development for PlayStation VR2. Watch over at Twitch or on YouTube starting 3pm Pacific / 6pm Eastern / 12:00am CET.

See you next week!

Last edited:
So I guess September for the big PlayStation showcase. If God of War Ragnarok and that Last of Us remake are coming this year maybe they'll be Twitter drops?

Keeping expectations low for this.

Let's go, Square-Enix. Show me Forspoken, Final Fantasy XVI and Star Ocean. It will be the last chance to show FF for a 2022 release. And I hope Star Ocean doesn't get delayed.
Same day as Sega event 🤨
It is? Well, like in the good old e3 dates with several events a day.

Let's go, Square-Enix. Show me Forspoken, Final Fantasy XVI and Star Ocean. It will be the last chance to show FF for a 2022 release. And I hope Star Ocean doesn't get delayed.

It is? Well, like in the good old e3 dates with several events a day.
8pm JST (gmt+9) so 11am gmt+0

I hope we see FF16 and Street Fighter 6. However, I don’t know if it’s reasonable to expect GoW, these two titles, PSVR2 and more in a 30 min. presentation.

We'll have some exciting reveals from our third-party partners, plus a sneak peek at several games in development for PlayStation VR2.
this makes me think gow will not be there. probably getting a specific sop later.

Meh. I only need first party announcements from Sony right now. Especially Sly Cooper. Insiders agree on that it will be revealed around September. Sure, I'll wait.

Not expecting anything huge, but really hoping this is it for new GenDesign.

My thinking:

It takes about a month to produce these directs and a month ago the studio said they aren't ready to show God of War Ragnarok. They probably made the call around that time and wanted to communicate with consumers that they shouldn't expect an update soon.

So much for a big E3 thing then. Maybe July for the first party stuff, like they've done before

These presentations are too much of an inconsistent mess for me to consider tuning in live.

What im expecting:
Resident Evil 2,3 and 7 PS5 Versions
Resident Evil 8 DLC and VR
Resident Evil Reverse
Insomniac Games VR Game
Stray Release Date
Ndream PSVR2 Exclusive
God of War Ragnarök Release Date

I dont think Final Fantasy XVI will be here as I feel like a seprate Final Fantasy Event is looking likely everyday as Square has a ton of Final Fantasy projects to announce and give updates on ranging from games to tv. So something along the lines with FFXV Event but digital makes much more sense.

Also im hearing lot of industry folks speculating that Street Fighter 6 is going be at State of Play. I doubt this is the case Capcom is most likely going do an Summer showcase specifically for Street Fighter and to get many people hands on with the title. After SF5 I think capcom wants to showcase this game at its best ability so doing a deep dive on this title mechanic and characters is better than having a 2 - 3 mins trailer that could go over poorly.

Last edited:
I'm not super confident about GOW showing up here but I also don't think it needs it's own SoP necessarily, we know how it plays already for the most part.

There will be no first-party games unless they are developed for PSVR2, the official statement is unambiguous.
I don't expect any Square Enix or Capcom games since both companies will most likely do their own showcase in June.

There will be no first-party games unless they are developed for PSVR2, the official statement is unambiguous.
I don't expect any Square Enix or Capcom games since both companies will most likely do their own showcase in June.
SO6 was reveled on a SoP already, there is a chance there is some type of deal with Sony already which means it could be shown. Don't expect FF IX remake or FF in general in this SoP, maybe DQX Offline? Sony Japan has a marketing deal in Japan with SE for it

SO6 was reveled on a SoP already, there is a chance there is some type of deal with Sony already which means it could be shown. Don't expect FF IX remake or FF in general in this SoP, maybe DQX Offline? Sony Japan has a marketing deal in Japan with SE for it
totally forgot about SO6, like 99.99% of people I guess...

Star Ocean 6 has a 99% chance of being in the State of Play with a new trailer and release date.

After the initial reveal, Square stated that they would have new info in Spring. With how close they are cutting it to the Spring deadline, the State of Play makes the most sense by far.

If the one in March is anything to go by, Switch may get some nice announcements out of this

Only third party? Eh. Well their third party is way better than what Nintendo gets so I have a little more excitement for this. Still I want to see first party

Only third party? Eh. Well their third party is way better than what Nintendo gets so I have a little more excitement for this. Still I want to see first party
Even though Sony's third party offerings are almost always more exciting than their first party offerings (which have honestly started to blend together at this point), their State of Plays have been, in general, pretty damn bad. I'm still gonna waste my life watching it though.

I'm pretty sure we can expect these to show up in some form.

GTAV
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora (rumored to have marketing rights)
Call Of Duty
Terf Worts Legacy
Forspoken or Final Fantasy 16
Gotham Knights (I think Sony have marketing rights for this)

Rumored wild cards are Street Fighter 6, Resident Evil games and maybe Silent Hill.

The rest of the show will be new PSVR2 games.

These SoP are always so boring, but I'm looking forward to reading about which games are coming to the Switch. Last one gave us the TMNT Collection so maybe we'll get FFT Remaster here.

These SoP are always so boring, but I'm looking forward to reading about which games are coming to the Switch. Last one gave us the TMNT Collection so maybe we'll get FFT Remaster here.
There not so bad. I think we’re in for a good one. Especially with the VR stuff. I want FFT so bad.

Just heard from my sources---

This State of Play is Third Party only because Insomniac is ready to announce sixteen more games and they would crowd out the rest of the games coming this year

There not so bad. I think we’re in for a good one. Especially with the VR stuff. I want FFT so bad.
I don't care for VR whatsoever, personally I think it'll just be another thing Sony will eventually abandon like Wonderbook and their handheld line.

I think we’ll see Final Fantasy XVI here which I’m super excited about. Definitely going to watch it live!
We have to see it at some point. We know the trailer is done and ready, and they've said they're showing it in Spring 2022... and we're quickly running out of days in Spring 2022

The thought just came to me but I wouldn't be surprised if Soul Hackers 2 shows up since this seems like the perfect marketing opportunity for Atlus before release.

I don't have high hopes for it showing up. It seems far more likely it'll tip up during Keighly's shindig.
While it may not show up here, I don’t think Geoff would get it. I feel Square and Sony want to dominate the conversation with it when it’s shown and Geoff always has a weird, long grab bag of games where it is hard for something to stand out.

I am beginning to feel it might be a separate event just for Square stuff, but State of Play has a bigger audience I’d guess so I’m still most leaning toward it.

I refuse to believe Final Fantasy XVI will be at this show. Forspoken maybe, or even the rumored Nier 3 as the closer, but not FFXVI.

extremely likely God Of War gets its own state of play pretty soon like Horizon got with a new trailer and/or a long gameplay vid. Lot of merch dropping in Sept for GoW which is... "suspicious" but it will definitely not be at this SoP. I'd say Horizon Call Of The Mountain is likely to be the only big(ish) first party thing here - Trailer for FFXVI (prob short teaser for bigger reveal at FFXVI/35th event) seems logical since SF6 looks like a SGF thing

The thought just came to me but I wouldn't be surprised if Soul Hackers 2 shows up since this seems like the perfect marketing opportunity for Atlus before release.
You know what, it's possible. Either at the SoP or at Summer games fest. It's just the perfect timing.

It was part of a japanese PS5 ad so Sony might have some marketing deal Atlus for the game btw

Hoping Alyx is announced for PSVR 2 but that might be something they’ll save closer to release.

I mainly hoping for some Capcom goodness.

Back
Top Bottom