• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Discussion Spotify Wrapped/Apple Replay 2023

Tanooki

Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey Fami, let’s share our top music for the year!

Here’s mine:

fKs71fF.jpg

I listened to 2,117 artists and 4,386 songs this year.

SIE at #2 - imagine the power Nintendo would have over me if they would finally add their music to streaming.

My top artists:

1. Purity Ring
2. The Chainsmokers
3. Crosses
4. Gunship
5. Katatonia

Top songs:
1. Found (Crosses)
2. Silhouette (Periphery)
3. Girls Float Boys Cry (Crosses)
4. Femia (Purity Ring)
5. Atoms to Atoms (Eyes on the Shore)

My Wrapped is never an accurate representation of my musical journey since my music is 40% Spotify and 60% iTunes. Neither my favourite band or song of the year (Tesseract and War of Being specifically) is here.

Purity Ring is definitely the discovery of the year for me though. An incredible duo.

I'm just gonna go the Last.FM route since that's more accurate than anything Apple Music could provide me.

My top artists by scrobbles since January 1st...
2024artists.png

My top albums by scrobbles since January 1st...
2024albums.png

My top songs by scrobbles since January 1st...
2024songs.png

Once the year is completely over, I'll return and post the other stats their year in review page provides.

My #SpotifyWrapped consists of upstream request timeout

Thank you Spotify, very cool.

Oh no it's this time of year when my social media is flooded with other artist friends showing their Spotify for Artists stream numbers and I go hide in a corner and act like I don't have any music released

Top Artists

1) RuPaul
2) Enya
3) Mike Oldfield
4) Penguin Cafe Orchestra
5) London Symphony Orchestra

Yep... That sounds about right. Though PCO I mainly put on to entertain my daughter, who gets absolutely enthralled by their songs.

That all being said: Spotify is a horrific corporation that destroys the livelihood of artists, and I need to get serious in 2024 about pivoting to it platforms that have better renumeration and support for artists

Oh shit, Apple replay is a thing? I always thought people whinged about the fact that only Spotify had a year in review feature.

It's probably not the most accurate since I use a few different platforms but according to Apple Replay

Top 5 Artists

1 Morning Musume
2 The Friday Prophets
3 Aiko
4 Harvey Danger
5 Black MIdi

Top 5 Songs

1 Mr Moonlight (Morning Musume)
2 Flagpole Sitta (Harvey Danger)
3 Welcome To Hell (Black Midi)
4 Life Goes on (BTS)
5 Popcorn Love (Morning Musume)

I'm just gonna go the Last.FM route since that's more accurate than anything Apple Music could provide me.

2024artists.png

2024albums.png

2024songs.png

Once the year is completely over, I'll return and post the other stats their year in review page provides.
okay carly rae! the loveliest time has so many bops. she JUST missed being in my top 5 this year.
Top Artists

1) RuPaul
2) Enya
3) Mike Oldfield
4) Penguin Cafe Orchestra
5) London Symphony Orchestra

Yep... That sounds about right. Though PCO I mainly put on to entertain my daughter, who gets absolutely enthralled by their songs.

That all being said: Spotify is a horrific corporation that destroys the livelihood of artists, and I need to get serious in 2024 about pivoting to it platforms that have better renumeration and support for artists
rupaul and the london symphony orchestra on the same list is so funny to me.

also, how do you post screenshots on fami? do you have to convert them to a URL somehow?

Oh no it's this time of year when my social media is flooded with other artist friends showing their Spotify for Artists stream numbers and I go hide in a corner and act like I don't have any music released
I mean they can’t be worse than mine…

…right?

there’s uh. lots I could say about this, but I’m going to keep it simple and be honest with myself.

here are my top plays, adjusted to remove all of my music, and peeled down to one song per artist persona

cJIn5pE.jpg

well, i tried to convert images to URLs and it wouldn't work so i guess i'll just post a lame list.

top artists:
1. Caroline Polacheck
2. beabadoobee
3. Kim Petras
4. PinkPantheress
5. The Japanese House

top songs:
1. I Believe (Caroline Polacheck)
2. Mosquito (PinkPantheress)
3. Angel (from the Barbie Soundtrack) (PinkPantheress)
4. Glue Song (beabadoobee)
5. Top Dog (Magdalena Bay - they were really close to my top 5!)

funniest thing from my spotify wrapped was Kim Petras peaking in june, AKA pride month. how fittingly gay!

let's just say I haven't seen a fraction of a fraction of a penny from streaming royalties, and I'm not about to anytime soon 🙃
if it makes you feel better, the one song I wrote / produced that turned into a co-writing / co-production credit with an actual known artist got set up in such a way that I don’t see any royalties from it at all!

if it makes you feel better, the one song I wrote / produced that turned into a co-writing / co-production credit with an actual known artist got set up in such a way that I don’t see any royalties from it at all!
Ughhhh that is ROUGH. The music industry is in shambles and I advocate for a return to travelling bands and unwritten tradition post haste

Ughhhh that is ROUGH. The music industry is in shambles and I advocate for a return to travelling bands and unwritten tradition post haste
LMAO SO I LOOKED IT UP

THEY CREDITED MY NAME WRONG

wow, so it looks like I could potentially correct it, but my name has changed since then

but not legally, because I’m a dual citizen — I avoided it at first to dodge a headache, but now I don’t think it’s safe to, even if I want to

and SOCAN (Canadian ASCAP / BMI) will only let me set up under my legal name

so if I correct it to a deadname, that… still feels like losing

okay, so if I set up most listens, exclusively for my own Grögol Bonanza-related music, then trim it to just the most listened per album…

i2j7ffU.png

Scrobble is just what last.fm calls each song play it logs
so I went a little deeper on this and it looks like the (also extremely made up) origin is a phrase used as a stand-in for “throwing a bag over someone’s head and then kidnapping them”

I know Last FM is fucking old, but in the age of horrible data selling and stealing, that’s on the fuckin’ nose

there’s uh. lots I could say about this, but I’m going to keep it simple and be honest with myself.

here are my top plays, adjusted to remove all of my music, and peeled down to one song per artist persona

cJIn5pE.jpg
it's extremely fucked up that I still haven't listened to 12 but I want to do so in a dark room uninterrupted in CD quality

at this point I might wait to buy better headphones too

it's extremely fucked up that I still haven't listened to 12 but I want to do so in a dark room uninterrupted in CD quality

at this point I might wait to buy better headphones too
no that’s totally understandable

it’s more loaded now, y’know?

you want to give it the respect and space it deserves

2024artists.png

2024albums.png

2024songs.png

hey i’ve seen all this stuff already! cause we’re friends on last.fm 😅 last.fm rocks and more people should use it. I’ll post my stats similar to how you’ve done it here eventually when I can get around to getting those screenshots.

hey i’ve seen all this stuff already! cause we’re friends on last.fm 😅 last.fm rocks and more people should use it. I’ll post my stats similar to how you’ve done it here eventually when I can get around to getting those screenshots.
Marvis Pro + Last.FM has really increased my music listening by quite a bit. I love the stats they give at the end of the year, like what month you've listened to the most songs, what day of the week, what time of day, etc.

My number one artist has been John Frusciante since 2020 I believe. And my number one song is from him as well, Song to Sing When I'm Lonely. (I'm not lonely I just like the song)

I need to listen to more different music my top artists are always the same shit lmao

Hey Fami, let’s share our top music for the year!

Here’s mine:

fKs71fF.jpg

I listened to 2,117 artists and 4,386 songs this year.

SIE at #2 - imagine the power Nintendo would have over me if they would finally add their music to streaming.
Where may I find these images in my Spotify account?

Where may I find these images in my Spotify account?
The last slide of this story here.
I made a screenshot, cropped and shared it over imgur, but you can also get an image directly over the share button I think.

I will say that seeing Issac Brock show up for a little video clip in my wrapped was pretty cool
oh god I was on a 90s MM kick this year… but not on Spotify

y’know I actually submitted an artist video for wrapped this year! but I don’t know if it got rejected or not

gotta figure out who had Decimae in their top this year to find out…

i didn’t listen to enough to get one, so I guess we’ll never know if my video made it…

kRY1lkT.jpg

Forgot to post mine after it finally stopped glitching lmao

IMG_20231129_140705_770.webp

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom