• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Splatoon Teaches Typing game idea

Is Nintendo planning on releasing Splatoon Teaches Typing?

• Total voters

SunnyDays

Octorok
Founder
Pronouns
they/she
Could this be a leak? I'll leave that for you to decide.

I'm sure you're all familiar with Mario Teaches Typing, a game heralded for its design improvements over conventional typing games. Every keystroke congratulated by Mario as little typers began to walk their fingers across the keys. It's truly something to behold.

Nintendo's left this market wide open for several years though, and as people start to finish Mario Teaches Typing, I'm sure they're concerned people will go to their competition to learn typing too.

Well, I think that Splatoon 3 leaked this; Splatoon 3 Teaches Typing seems to have been confirmed, as in the game, upon finishing your first battle the game requests you enter a player name. How, you ask, do you enter your name? Typing.

Splatoon Teaches Typing would require the very same code Splatoon 3 uses to allow players to enter their names, and could even use the same elegant interface for typing!
What do you think? Is Nintendo planning to do this? If not, they should!

In consideration of The Famiboards Garbage Galaxy World Tournament, I'd like @Phosphorescent Skeleton to weigh in on this matter, as a plausible Mario Teaches Typing mega-fan themselves.

Personally my feeling is that they should instead make Keyboard Fit Typing, like Ring Fit except you touch type while doing squats and other exercises.

Alternatively I think this would be a great way to bring back Eternal Darkness. Fear is a great motivator! Occasionally the keyboard would also ooze blood or scream at you and sometimes the keys would all do the wrong thing just to mess with your sanity. It would be 100 hours long and extremely canon - skipping it would make Eternal Darkness 3, a more traditional entry, completely incomprehensible.

Back
Top Bottom