• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club SONIC MANIA IS BETTER THAN EVERY 2D MARIO [NOT CLICKBAIT]!!!!

Maronic03

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/Him
That includes the original Yoshi's Island as well. I'm dead-ass serious BTW (DK: Tropical Freeze is on the same level though).

Non-believers will have to live with this truth. Get Mania'd!

Although....

...NONE OF THE GAMES MENTIONED ABOVE HOLD A CANDLE TO OCTOPATH TRAVELLER II BABYYYYYYYYYY

Last edited:
I’m going to make an admission that might be downright disturbing on a site like this: I have never completed a Sonic game. Like not even close I think. The only one I’ve played for more than like an hour is Generations. Any others I’ve played were for like 15 minutes. It really does seem like whenever the time comes to rectify that, Mania might be a great entry point?

Also love the twist ending of the OP lol

I mean, yeah. Even got the Tropical Freeze part right too.

Top two 2D platformers for me, no contest.

I’m going to make an admission that might be downright disturbing on a site like this: I have never completed a Sonic game. Like not even close I think. The only one I’ve played for more than like an hour is Generations. Any others I’ve played were for like 15 minutes. It really does seem like whenever the time comes to rectify that, Mania might be a great entry point?

Also love the twist ending of the OP lol
Mania is the greastest entry point possible, which unfortnately means you will never feel that rush again (some gets close, like Sonic 3 & Knuckles)

no lies detected

partitio gaming
Partitio will give us the Sonic Mania 2 greenlight we all deserve.

Well OP you've implied a Sonic game is better than a Mario game? Be prepared for the consequences.

Fo2x01vaMAQ5Elc

Besides the april fool thing.
The reason why sonic could not be better overal is because the game is more like a racing game abd less of a platform game. (And more basic gameplay). But even so, they are good games for what it is.

Btw, also the reaspn why sonic 3d gaes are not that succesfull

I'm out of here !
Look at you, naturally quoting Sonic from Sonic CD when you idle for too long. Run all you want, Sonic is in your mind, you'll accept the Mania supremacy in no time!

Admittedly, nearly every 2D Mario are better than Sonic CD, that's for sure.
Besides the april fool thing.
The reason why sonic could not be better overal is because the game is more like a racing game abd less of a platform game. (And more basic gameplay). But even so, they are good games for what it is.

Btw, also the reaspn why sonic 3d gaes are not that succesfull
There's no need for "Besides the april fool thing". When I said I'm dead-ass serious in the OP, I meant it.

Ask me again tomorrow, I'll 100% maintain that Mania is above every 2D Mario.

Unironically Sonic 2D's games are better than 2D Mario and it's not even close.

this isn't even an april fools joke, it's actually accurate!

though the reason here is less "the 2D Mario Games Aren't Good" and more "Sonic Mania Is Genuinely One Of The Greatest Games Of All Time"
i'd argue from a historical perspective that Super Mario Bros and Super Mario World are better, but Mania is what happens when decades of 2D platformer development is chiseled out into a masterpiece.

This is kinda like those people who tried to convince themselves that their Atari Jaguar or a 3DO systems were better by putting down the other more popular consoles.

Back
Top Bottom