• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club So a publisher, a developer and a musician walk into a bar...

7threst

Hello, lady of the house speaking?
Pronouns
He/him/his
...getting hammered and talk about teaming up and making a game of course!

This thread is about your favourite team up between publishers, developers, musicians, artists, writers, you name it! A team that brings your favourite genre or franchise to the console of your choice with a soundtrack and art direction that fits your taste. None is off limits so it can be an outrageous team up up. Would be cool though to kind of describe how that team up would function and what kind of game it is that they would produce.

My favourite team up:

Director: Keiichiro Toyama (Silent Hill, Forbidden Siren),
Second director: Suda51 (Killer7, The Silver Case, No More Heroes)
Writer: Yuichiro Tanaka (Persona 3, 4, 5)
Developer: Grasshopper (Killer 7, The Silver Case, No More Heroes)
Publisher: Ubisoft
Soundtrack: Yuzo Koshiro, Jesper Kyd

The game:
Of course the game walks the line of horror and insane absurdity considering the director and the developer. I expect strange ways of controlling the game with a story that is hard to grasp at first. Still, with Yuichiro Tanaka as a writer I think the story itself, nobody how weird it gets presented, can be conveyed in an understandable manner to the player. Also, I think Keiichiro Toyama can keep the madness of Suda to a minimum while still keeping some of thet weird edge to set the game apart.

As of the soundtrack, Yuzo Koshiro has been a legend for all his work he's done over the years, and I think he can really translate that to a epic grand soundtrack with pop sensibilities to make it memorable. I think it will absolutely rule with Jesper Kyd's feeling for atmosphere an ambience which he has proven with the first few Assassin's Creed-games.

Why I want it to be published by Ubisoft? They used to be quite adventurous in the past and have a very long history in publishing and distributing legendary titles (mainly in Europe) like Maniac Mansion, Diablo, Actraiser, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne etc etc. And I want them to have to return to that again.

So, what would be your favourite team up and what kind of game would they create?

My favorite franchise crossover is Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. It's like a match made in heaven, they complement each other so well. I'm so glad Hino pursued it as persistently as he did; showed that execs can be just as big of fans as as are

Back
Top Bottom