• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Sinéad O’Connor passed away at 56

7threst

Hello, lady of the house speaking?
Pronouns
He/him/his
sinead-oconnor-1987-b9ne00.jpg

Irish singer Sinéad O’Connor has died at the age of 56, her family has announced.

In a statement, the singer’s family said: “It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our beloved Sinéad. Her family and friends are devastated and have requested privacy at this very difficult time.”
More at the link.

I loved het music, especially her first two albums. The cause of death isn't disclosed yet.

Rest in peace.

Very sad news, sounded like she's been through a lot and spoke out about important issues at a time when it "wasn't cool" to do so and mocked and laughed at for it, but man, I'm glad she did and stood up, it was horrible what she went through. She's a legend. I hope she's at peace now. :(

RIP.

I always admired how outspoken in her convictions she was. The world gave her a hard time for sure, to say nothing of the death of her son, but she gave as good as she got. Rest in peace.

She was the voice of the truth in a time where all where in silence, she exposed the church as the patetic abusers a pedos they all are

A true Hero that deserved a lot better

I've been in a bad mood, and this made me feel worse. I've been especially upset to see the standard narrative around the death of a mentally ill celebrity. When they were alive, they were "difficult" and the target of judgment and mockery. When they die, they're a tragic hero.

I don't think anybody here is doing it, but I've got to vent. And I do think things are changing. Before her death O'Connor was getting some more sympathetic profiles, probably due to the shifting narrative around mental illness. But it's not changing fast enough.

Back
Top Bottom