• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance announced for PC and consoles, coming June 14th (out now!)

Some words of wisdom from my very helpful demon:

9nekq7r.jpeg

played through vanilla SMTV back in 2021 and loved it, but looking at screenshots people are posting makes me wanna play it again. Such a great game.

Looking at the demon interaction with the Demon Haunts just make me want to recreate in my team of old favorites. So that I can hang out with everyone for real. But having just completed SMT V very very recently, it feels too early to jump right back in. Especially given all the backlog I've got.

Anyone playing on the PS4 can tell us about resolution/performance?
It runs at 30fps, probably above 900p.

I thought Naama was too easy for her own good but then she paired with Labolas and subsequently made me Capitulate to Pleasure at every turn. Very nice and annoying boss-duo.

It runs at 30fps, probably above 900p.

I thought Naama was too easy for her own good but then she paired with Labolas and subsequently made me Capitulate to Pleasure at every turn. Very nice and annoying boss-duo.

That's... Underwhelming. Guess I'm waiting for the Switch 2 then.

Oh how interesting, I got this same dialogue, but from Tsuchigumo. I guess it makes sense that they didn't write unique stuff for nearly 300 demons lol.
If it's like the demon negotiation system, they likely divided demons up in various categories for them to select responses from. Slime and Mothman for example share dialogue options in the original game (which is amazing, Mothman is a mean asshole in SMTV because of it).

mxsu3ry2aj1a1.jpg

If it's like the demon negotiation system, they likely divided demons up in various categories for them to select responses from. Slime and Mothman for example share dialogue options in the original game (which is amazing, Mothman is a mean asshole in SMTV because of it).

mxsu3ry2aj1a1.jpg
That makes sense.

Wait, does this mean Slime could potentially call you "the dumbass with too many friends"?

Also, I'm nearing the end of the 2nd area and I can just sense the plot going off the rails soon.

Fighting Yuzuru was not on my bingo card, and he kicked my ass lol. Need to redo my resistances.

Oh how interesting, I got this same dialogue, but from Tsuchigumo. I guess it makes sense that they didn't write unique stuff for nearly 300 demons lol.
Some dialogues are random based on their "dialogue type". But each demon absolutelly has unique dialogues based on their lore from what I see.

That seems pretty good for SMT, especially essentially an expansion to an existing game. Basically 500-600k sales on opening weekend? That’s basically lifetime sales of the bestselling game in the series pre-SMTV.

So, up to half a million for Vengeance.

Apparently PS5 is the lead platform in the sales in UK with 62%:
Like wtf. This game cannot be more ill suited for the console. How do people find time to beat a 70h+ game on a home console? I had owned every single PS platform and I don't think I have beaten any game over 50 hours on any of the five PS home consoles. I tried, like FF12 or Persona 4 Golden, but failed. Had to drop them midway. Beaten P4G on Vita and FF12 on Switch for the first time.

Like wtf. This game cannot be more ill suited for the console. How do people find time to beat a 70h+ game on a home console? I had owned every single PS platform and I don't think I have beaten any game over 50 hours on any of the five PS home consoles. I tried, like FF12 or Persona 4 Golden, but failed. Had to drop them midway. Beaten P4G on Vita and FF12 on Switch for the first time.
Different strokes/preferences. I’m in the middle of my 4th (soon to be 5th with Vengeance) PS5 RPG over 60 hours this year.

And that’s with two of the biggest PS5 RPGs of the year that I haven’t even played (FF7Rebirth and Infinite Wealth).

But really those sales aren’t surprising - this is the first time the game launched on PlayStation. I know plenty of people who played the original on Switch and aren’t really interested in Vengeance because they already played vanilla, or at least not until a price drop.

Personally, I'm waiting for the Switch 2 version. Not interested in playing the game on the Switch again.

Different strokes/preferences. I’m in the middle of my 4th (soon to be 5th with Vengeance) PS5 RPG over 60 hours this year.
Oh it's my preference as well. Got Tales of Arise for PS5 on the release day, 3 years later I'm only 28 hours in. And that's thanks to PS portal, I can now add my poop time to my play time.

I just can't believe how people can have that much free time at home. My weekday (Saturday included) free time is around 45 minutes a day lol

Oh it's my preference as well. Got Tales of Arise for PS5 on the release day, 3 years later I'm only 28 hours in. And that's thanks to PS portal, I can now add my poop time to my play time.

I just can't believe how people can have that much free time at home. My weekday (Saturday included) free time is around 45 minutes a day lol
See I’m the exact opposite - I can’t game at work, and I have no commute (or rather when I am commuting, I’m driving so obviously no gaming). Unless I’m flying somewhere or staying overnight for work, then I literally have no time to game when I’m not at home.

I imagine a lot of the Switch fanbase played the original and are thinking ‘I’ll wait for a price drop’, but PS5 owners are thinking ‘it’s two SMT campaigns I haven’t played’, so the perceived value of a full price release is much higher.

Last edited:
That's about right for the UK. Worldwide I suspect the order is Switch > PS5 > PC >>>>>> Xbox.

Back
Top Bottom