• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Seth Rogen Donkey Kong solo movie reportedly in development

Seth Rogan as Donkey Kong starring in “The Country”

I actually think Donkey Kong feels like an easier movie to do well than Mario, so let’s see how it goes I guess.

Giant Freaking Robot is not a reliable source in the slightest, and its pretty irresponsible for Eurogamer to cover the story.

Lets go Nintendo Cinematic Universe, Mario, DK, Yoshi, TLOZ, Metroid, Star Fox, etc.

That will clash on a Super Smash Brothers film

lol, cast:
Donkey Kong: Seth Rogen
Diddy Kong: Jonah Hill
Dixie Kong: Kristen Schaal
Funky Kong: Danny McBride
Donkey Kong Jr: Paul Rudd
Baby Kong: Will Ferrell
Cranky Kong: Will Arnett
Wrinkly Kong: Amy Poehler
Tiny Kong: Margot Robbie
Candy Kong: Melissa McCarthy
King K Rool: This baddie also is Jack Black

K. Rool getting into Smash and then a Movie:

I realize the source is bad, but oh, I can dream...

Since Kevin Michael Richardson (Gantu and Cleveland Jr, among many, many others) is already playing Kamek in the Mario movie, I'd almost assume he'd be on the short list to play a Kremling in this DK flick.

Only question is: Krusha, Klump or K. Rool, himself?

Expand Kong? Expand Kong!

Hope they casted someone for King K. Rool. If it's a proper Donkey Kong Country movie, I really wish they explore Kremlin lore. I bet they'll ask for Rare's/Microsoft's help...

Super Mario movie end credits scene: Donkey Kong movie tease!

Donkey Kong movie end credits scene: BANJO-KAZOOIE MOVIE TEASE AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Expand Kong? Expand Kong!

Hope they casted someone for King K. Rool. If it's a proper Donkey Kong Country movie, I really wish they explore Kremlin lore. I bet they'll ask for Rare's/Microsoft's help...
Better to ask playtonic because theres nobody at rare who had anything to do with the dk games,except for greg mayles who was just the level designer

This would only work if it was straight up a stoner comedy starring Donkey Kong, but I don't think Nintendo would ever be okay with that affecting their brand. That being said, Weedmaps did sponsor a couple Smash tournaments and they didn't C&D or anything.

Back
Top Bottom