• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News SEGA's "404 GAME RE:SET" is shutting down January 5, 2024 after less than a year of service

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
404GameRE-SETJPTitleScreenFinal.png

いつも『エラゲ』を遊んでいただき、誠にありがとうございます。
プロデューサーの中村豪介です。

この度『エラゲ』は2024年1月5日(金)12:00をもちまして
サービスを終了させていただくこととなりました。

日頃プレイしてくださっている皆様には、
サービス開始より一年経たず終了となること、
突然のお知らせとなりますことを深くお詫び申し上げます。
(the service page)

this is that bizzare "crossover" game written by Yoko Taro about SEGA taking over the world using anime girls based off various games. a bit edgy as you'd expect from him.
there is plans to patch in an offline mode of sorts prior to the shutdown. which lets you view (but not play) any content you've unlocked.

the real thing i'm hoping from this is that it causes SEGA to bring back the SEGA Hard Girls (SEGA consoles turned into anime girls) IP. this definitely feels like it was meant to be a much darker replacement to them.
Hiscooolsehagirl.jpg

hopefully the nier gacha dies next so taro can go back to making actual games instead of mobile slop

Shutting down online games so soon sucks in general but I hated seeing Sega's history being tied in with super generic modern anime kid characters.

Yeah, this was never Yoko Taro's best idea. IIRC, he was basically just told he could do whatever and came up with this. Wasn't a fan of most of the designs at all, but I guess the gameplay might've been neat? I'll never know now, I guess.

Played the game, the fact they had this and Sin Chronicles shut down one after another is kind of a bad sign. Then again the monetization is really awful in both cases is probably a big reason (vs. Chain Chronicles at least). Kinda of a shame since they introduced great main artists for both imo (one been with GBF and other with recent Heaven Burns Red).

Back
Top Bottom