• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News SEGA has announced C-Smash VRS, a brand new Cosmic Smash game designed for Playstation VR2. (a non-VR version is now in development)

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

for those unaware, Cosmic Smash was an incredibly obscure Arcade game running on NAOMI hardware. basically a 3d version of breakout where you control a tennis player breaking blocks.
ffb756d2121b30e4bfb2984486565f462266afa1.gif

curiously, the post was shared by notable Japanese musician Ken Ishii, who previously had his music used in games such as Rez and Lumines II. Maybe Enhance Games is co-developing? Cory Schmitz (who did artwork for them a few times) also shared it.

fans of the "Y2K artstyle" as the thread in Warp Zone calls it. should definitely keep an eye on this.

I had never heard of this game and it absolutely looks like my thing, huh.

Cosmic Smash is tops. Really great arcade title that desperately needs a re-release!

A VR version could potentially be great, but I'd still want the original version re-released and unaltered.

officially confirmed to be a VR game.

surprisingly doesn't seem to have the direct involvement of Enhance, it's instead developed by Wolf & Wood. the studio behind "The Last Worker".
it does have the involvement of Ken Ishii for the music, though. alongside Danalogue. lead of the legendary jazz band "The Comet is Coming".

THE DEMO IS LAUNCHING MARCH 23RD

I played the Japanese Dreamcast port of the original back in the day and I thought it was just okay, nothing amazing. That said I think it's cool Sega is reviving such an obscure IP, and VR should be a great fit for it.

Between this and Samba de Amiga, it is cool to some of the more obscure Dreamcast era franchises make a comeback.

Hope this continues

None of you are physically, mentally or emotionally prepared for the tremendous return of Seaman.

major content update coming on September 14

a new endless game mode (in single player and co-op flavors), AI opponents for the modes that would normally require a second player, emotes for the online multiplayer, 40 new levels for Journey mode, and a new training level featuring music by popular electronic band UNKLE.

the “New Dimension” update makes the game playable without a VR headset

this basically turns the game into a direct port of the Dreamcast original, 3rd-person-view and all.
"It's exciting because the focus is on one thing, how it feels." states Wolf & Wood founder, Ryan Bousfield. "We already have loads of game modes and features, so for us, this is all about giving the player that VR 'presence' but through the analogue sticks of their controller."

Back
Top Bottom